Health and Safety Officer
WorkSafeNB is passionate about promoting health and safety in New Brunswick workplaces. When a workplace injury does occur, we provide caring recovery services, benefits and compensation to those injured and their families. We're focused on driving a safety-first culture, providing effective recovery and return to work services, and maintaining a sustainable system that ensures New Brunswickers are protected for generations to come.
WorkSafeNB is accepting applications for the permanent position of Health and Safety Officer. This position is in the Bathurst-Campbellton region. Reporting to a team leader in a Health and Safety Team, you will inspect workplaces and investigate incidents, complaints and work refusals to ensure the compliance with and/or the enforcement of the New Brunswick Occupational Health & Safety Act, its regulations and other applicable laws and standards. You will also respond to information requests, educate employers and workers on their rights and responsibilities and promote sound health and safety practices beyond minimum standards.
You embrace the following competencies:
- Client-Focused Service
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Ensuring Accountability
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Safety
- Information Gathering and Processing
- Fostering Communication
You, as the successful applicant, should possess:
- A post secondary degree in a related discipline.
- Three years' health and safety related work experience.
- Experience in forestry considered an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- The ability to function within MS Office software.
- Certification as a Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) would be considered an asset.
A valid driver's license and the ability to travel within the province will be required.
Occasional work in the evenings and over the weekends is required.
Written and spoken competence in English and in French is required.
WorkSafeNB offers a competitive annual salary with excellent benefits, including:
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, life insurance, long-term disability insurance)
- Pension plan (Province of New Brunswick Public Service Shared Risk Plan)
- Competitive vacation and leave benefits
- Enhanced opportunities for professional development
If you are interested in being part of a highly motivated and collaborative team, including exciting and rewarding career opportunities, please apply online at worksafenb.ca by July 2, 2021.
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For more information about WorkSafeNB, or this and other employment opportunities, please visit our website at worksafenb.ca.