Stanfields Limited - Human Resources Generalist
Human Resources Generalist
AM - 14676
Stanfield's is a leader in its field, taking pride in its people, products and ability to adapt and stay ahead of consumer market needs and wants. Whether it is introducing new fabrics, blends or styles, we've always stood by our basic policy of "the best product at reasonable prices," and will continue to do so as we move forward. Fashion forward, technologically advanced, and when possible the majority of its products will be made in Canada.
Stanfield's Ltd. is a part of the very fabric of Canada. Since 1856, we've remained committed to comfort through quality. Quality through craftsmanship. And craftsmanship through small town values. We are Canadian. Worn coast to coast - on frozen tundra, atop snow-capped mountains, aboard ships and in the homes of everyday people. Keeping Canadians comfortable from the very start. Stanfield's Legendary Comfort since 1856.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to quality, productivity and Made in Canada then we are looking for you!
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Generalist plays an essential role in driving performance and continuous improvement through the development and implementation of best human capital management practices. The HR Generalist provides trusted visible coaching and guidance to all employees and management in areas such as Development, Employment Standards, Conflict Management, Performance Management, Communication, Compensation and Group Benefits. As the first point of contact, the HR Generalist will develop and leverage trusted working relationships with management and employees to ensure the organization's success, now and in the future.
By joining Stanfield's, you will have the opportunity to work with an organization that has produced over 3 million surgical gowns to assist frontline health care workers in the fight against Covid-19. As a company, they have always balanced pride in their past success with an intense focus on creating innovative products fit for the future. This role includes opportunities for personal and professional growth, a competitive compensation and benefits package, and the chance to learn about the business while laying the foundation for a challenging and rewarding career with Stanfield's.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide front-line day to day operational support, including coaching and direction in all HR functional areas;
- Act as an advocate for both hourly and salaried staff, championing the Stanfield's culture;
- Promote all change initiatives by working collaboratively with the leadership team and the Director of Human Resources to ensure managers and employees are successfully supported through times of transition;
- Develop and/or revise Human Resource programs and procedures as necessary, in collaboration with the Director of Human Resources;
- Provide creative and cost-effective solutions to Performance Management issues, maintaining a clear perspective of the impact actions may have on operations and all support services;
- Actively participate in Health and Safety, production and team meetings;
- Perform administrative duties to ensure all data related to Recruitment, Onboarding, Training, Performance Management, Compensation and Health and Safety is collected and stored in an efficient and secure manner.
As the ideal candidate, you have demonstrated leadership and coaching abilities, bringing enthusiasm and energy to everything you do. You are confident, resourceful, and adaptable, and you thrive in fast-paced environments that require you to manage multiple priorities and work on competing mandates simultaneously. You are a natural relationship builder, and you serve as a strong ambassador for the organization, providing all candidates and employees with clear and supportive communication and training. Finally, you have the ability to identify and mitigate risks as part of your decision-making process.
- Post-secondary education with an emphasis in Human Resource Management;
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Human Resources within a large organization, with demonstrated expertise in a broad range of HR functions;
- Experience working in a manufacturing or production environment is preferred;
- CPHR designation, or in progress, is preferred;
- Exceptional decision-making and problem solving skills;
- Demonstrated onboarding experience;
- Strong organizational and planning skills;
- High levels of integrity and the ability to be empathic when handling and diffusing challenging interactions;
- Strong understanding of Employment Standards and Legislation, including those related to Human Resources and HSE.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking "Apply Now" below.
For more information contact Austin McLennan, Senior Consultant, at 902-424-1103 and email@example.com or Rick Neima, Recruitment Specialist at 902-421-4407 and firstname.lastname@example.org, or please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Austin or Rick know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.