Audioptics Medical is a medical imaging device OEM developing a non-invasive diagnostic imaging technology for imaging the middle ear. Our mission is to provide ear surgeons with a better ability to diagnose conductive hearing loss and to anticipate what they are going to encounter in the operating room, and in doing so, dramatically reduce the number of exploratory surgeries they perform.
We are developing custom hardware, firmware, and software to power our flagship product, the Ossiview Middle Ear Imaging System (www.audiopticsmedical.com). Audioptics runs a lean development team and seeks technical team members with diverse skillsets that can contribute on multiple fronts.
We are looking for a dedicated, highly motivated Mechanical Engineer whose skills and personality will complement our work environment and strengthen our team. You are a team player, can take the lead when needed, and you take pride in the work you do.
The Mechanical Engineer will conceive original mechanical designs as part of our product development team, working with multiple materials and manufacturing processes. You will also be responsible for producing and testing physical prototypes of our devices and work closely with our team of electronic and optical engineers to achieve our product development goals.
Strong candidates for the position will be excited to approach this broad range of activities and should be comfortable working as part of a team and independently.
You will be responsible for:
- Completing development tasks in line with our project plan.
- Conducting research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of mechanisms, components and systems.
- Designing and creating 3D models of components and assemblies.
- DFM (Design for Manufacturing), DFA (Design for Assembly) and DFT (Design for Test) analyses
- Performing failure mode analysis, reliability analysis and design risk assessments
- Producing high-quality design documents
- Producing designs that comply with applicable technical standards such as IEC 60601
- Assembling and testing prototypes of components and assemblies
- Investigating mechanical testing failures and correcting design deficiencies
- Attending project meetings and contributing to design reviews
- Proficiency with SolidWorks
- Producing Drawings for mechanical parts suitable for manufacturing
- Thermal and Loading Analysis
- Demonstrated prototyping skills
- Test and measurement skills
Nice to Have (in order of relevance)
- Experience in Acoustic design
- Experience with optomechanics
- Experience in product development and/or medical devices
- Experience working in regulated environment and with controlled documentation.
- FEM modeling with COMSOL
Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering
Registration with Engineers Nova Scotia an asset.
Preference will be given to applicants who can start immediately.
Work With Us
Besides working with our amazing team, we offer a few other perks!
- We encourage a healthy work-life balance.
- Company paid health benefits.
- Option to participate in our employee stock option plan.