Nursing Unit Clerk (1027)
Competition #: 1-14192 EXT
Salary: $21.5833 to $23.2324
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
CLASSIFICATION: Nursing Unit Clerk (1027)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8 and 12-hour shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
To perform assigned clerical duties to assist nursing service staff.
- High School diploma with successful completion of post-secondary studies in secretarial/clerical work or any acceptable combination of education, training and experience;
- Medical terminology course;
- One (1) year recent directly related experience;
- Good ability in the Word, Excel programs and Meditech System;
- Tact, initiative, good judgement and resourcefulness in dealing with administrative detail;
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Adapt well to change;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.