Software Development Lead
Audioptics Medical is a medical imaging device OEM developing a non-invasive diagnostic imaging technology for imaging the middle ear. Our mission is to provide ear surgeons with a better ability to diagnose conductive hearing loss and to anticipate what they are going to encounter in the operating room, and in doing so, dramatically reduce the number of exploratory surgeries they perform.
We are developing custom hardware, firmware, and software to power our flagship product, the Ossiview Middle Ear Imaging System (www.audiopticsmedical.com). Audioptics runs a lean development team and seeks technical team members with diverse skillsets that can contribute on multiple fronts.
We are looking for a dedicated, highly motivated Software Development Lead whose skills and personality will compliment our work environment and strengthen our team. You are a team player, can take the lead when needed, and take pride in the work you do.
About the Role
We are seeking a software engineering lead who can manage and contribute effectively to the design, implementation and testing of the host-side software that runs the Ossiview Middle Ear Imaging system. The ideal candidate is looking to take an integral role with a diverse set of software responsibilities that includes high level design, implementation, documentation, testing and development management.
The successful candidate will lead our small DevOps team, and work with our hardware engineering team to build on our alpha prototype system to complete product development. All applicable regulatory medical device requirements must be met.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Completes tasks as defined by Project Manager.
- Lead team of 3 software developers.
- Familiarity with Atlassian enterprise software and its use for software development.
- Programming well-structured, testable, efficient code.
- Evaluating given specifications and determining operational feasibility.
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures.
- Be familiar and comply with regulatory standards.
- Software Verification and Validation.
- Implement real-time heterogeneous image and signal processing pipelines.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, BEng or PEng in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- Strong technical writing skills with a detail-orientated habit.
- Modern C++ (C++17 and up).
- Other language skills are valued.
- 3+ years of experience leading a DevOps team.
Work With Us
Besides working with our amazing team, we offer a few other perks!
- Encourage a healthy work-life balance.
- Company paid health benefits.
- Option to participate in our employee stock option plan.