Site Reliability Engineer
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a Site Reliability Engineer to join our team in Montreal, Quebec (CA-QC), Canada (CA).
We are looking for Site Reliability Engineer candidates that can help our teams to bridge the gap between development and IT staff. This role offers the opportunity to participate in activities that result in fewer software failures and shortened time between fixes, thus reducing the overall technical debt of the teams you will be interacting with.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- You will need to have spent 50% of your time on and around production support, including the handling of user tickets, incident and problem management
- You will identify and create automation to eliminate manual day-to-day support activities; scope and create automation for deployment, management and visibility of our services
- Automate to drive efficiency by creating an autonomous system
- Manage service reliability by managing risk
- Define service level indicators (SLIs), objectives (SLOs) and agreements (SLAs)
- Implement best practices for building successful monitoring and alerting systems
- You will use your expertise to tune and push our systems beyond their normal limit
- You will work closely with engineering/development teams to design, build and maintain systems and help them decide on products to use, schema design and query tuning
- You will troubleshoot issues across the entire stack: hardware, software, application and network
- You will mentor other SREs on standard methodology from monitoring and troubleshooting complex code and database issues
- Represent the SRE organization in design reviews and operational readiness exercises for new and existing services
- Participate in on-call rotation and conference calls with other specialists over different time zones
- Hands on experience with UNIX
- Hands on experience with SQL based database
- Three Tier Support experience with DBs such as IBM, DB2, Sybase, Mongo, Green Plum, KDB
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and willingness to take ownership
- Problem solving mindset and solution enabler
- Great Problem trouble shooting and debug ability
- Familiar with Financial Products like Equity and Fixed Income, securities, different type of risks inan investment bank, Trade flow
- Should be able to contribute in system design and architecture with strong database knowledge.
- Knowledge of messaging layer: MQ / CPS / XML
- Knowledge of SFTP/Comet
- Prior experience as a developer/support role in a large-scale financial firm
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services is a global business and IT services provider specializing in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services. We are part of the NTT family of companies, a partner to 85 % of the Fortune 100.
NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, age, veteran-status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other class protected by law.
Job Segment: Consulting, Database, Developer, Cloud, SQL, Technology
Apply now "