Junior Avionics Engineer
Job Title: Junior Avionics Engineer
Job Posting #: 5678
Department: CP140 Engineering
Department #: 3010
Reports To: Manager/Supervisor
Date Posted: May 17, 2021
Position Type: Permanent
The Aerospace Division of I.M.P. Group Limited is located at the Halifax International Airport 25 minutes away from Halifax, the capital city of Nova Scotia. I.M.P. has gained a strong reputation nationally and internationally and has been awarded the prestigious honor of being named one of the 50 Best Managed Companies in Canada.
The Aerospace Division of I.M.P. Group Limited employs 1300 people performing repair, overhaul, modification, engineering and technical publications work for Canadian and International customers.
We are currently seeking to add JUNIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER/TECHNOLOGISTS to our team.
To provide electrical engineering support services, and participate as a member of the Engineering team.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Where assigned overall responsibility for the management of particular projects, exercise control over scheduling, progress, and expenditures.
- Develop and prepare acceptance test procedures for various avionics and associated equipment.
- Carry out technical investigations and Engineering support activities.
- Design test sets, identify parts, and supervise building of prototypes.
- Carry out electrical design for retrofit/modification/prototype installations.
- Construct Engineering models to further develop, as well as prove, a design concept.
- Prepare R & O Engineering drawings and reports.
- Provide support to Aircraft Repair and Overhaul.
- Investigate and recommend electronic parts substitution.
- Provide computer support to office staff (AutoCAD, Microsoft Office programs).
- Participate, under matrix management, as a team member on projects which may be based in other section or departments within Aerospace Engineering.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Electrical) or Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology
- 0 - 3 years in an aerospace engineering environment.
- Eligibility for registration in ENS is desired.
- Sound knowledge of aircraft electrical/avionics systems, particularly analog, and computers is desirable.
- Good drafting and writing skills desirable.
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment, and to take direction to complete a task.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupation Health and Safety and Environment policies. Continually focusing on individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by the sections work and to fully comply with all federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Incumbents must be able to pass and maintain Public Works Government Services Canada (PWGSC) and Transport Canada security clearances.
- All applicants must be able to pass and maintain a Level II (Secret) security clearance with the department of national Defence
- The successful applicants will require eligibility to meet requirements for the U.S. International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR), and Canadian controlled Goods program
Qualified applicants are invited to apply on-line at www.impgroup.com.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups you are encouraged to self identify on either your application form, covering letter or resume.