Site Manager / Director of Care
Facility: The Birches Nursing Home
Location: Musquodoboit Harbour
Position: Full Time position
The Birches is a licensed long term care facility providing services for 42 residents and employing about 80 employees. Our rural location and culture provide a unique opportunity for living and working. Our home was recently announced for replacement and a new journey is ahead for the team to transition into a new facility. The Birches is part of a shared management team with Ocean View Continuing Care Centre and the Site Manager / Director of Care works closely within a larger management team to build capacity and resources.
We are currently searching for a Site Manager / Director of Care. Reporting to the President & CEO, the Site Manager / Director of Care is accountable for the day-to-day management of the home. This includes leadership for both the management employees and the front-line staff team who are accountable for the programs and services provided for the residents.
- 3 years long-term care experience in a Registered Nurse role
- 1 year management experience in a unionized environment
- A positive attitude with seasoned experience leading change and transition
- Current RN license to practice in Nova Scotia or willingness to obtain the same prior to commencement of employment
- Valid driver's license and access to a vehicle
- Current First Aid/CPR
- Experience in an Accredited health care environment
- Leadership training / education (MHA/MPA/MBA)
BENEFITS: We are offering a competitive salary/benefits package and support for continuing education.
Interested candidates can apply directly to the President & CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submissions is Friday May 28, 2021
Only candidates being interviewed will be contacted