Drake International is proud to partner with one of Canada's leaders in the global seafood industry to assist with the search for a General Manager for their new automated cold storage and value added retail packing facility in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. This is an exciting new opportunity to be part of one of Canada's most advanced seafood processing facilities from the development and construction phase through to operation.
Working with a company that are known as innovators in the seafood business, having been in many cases, the first to introduce new ideas and technology to the industry, the General Manager Position will play a key leadership role in ensuring the successful implementation and operations of the new value added automated processing facility. This role is responsible for directing all aspects of this business unit including the production and operational activities, coordination with the global sales and marketing team and other corporate teams to ensure a successful operation.
- Achieve production targets in quality, productivity, efficiency, capacity, safety and cost control
- Drive continuous improvement in processing operations, food safety, product quality, employee safety and corporate culture
- Ensure effective manufacturing practices are continuously utilized while meeting health and safety regulations
- Develop and manage annual budgets driving forecasts and budget controls, including effective capacity planning
- Collaborate and work in partnership with the global sales team to effectively manage production schedules to meet diverse customer needs
- Maintain a positive work environment and develop, coach, guide and motivate the team to success
- Solve production challenges in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Effectively plan production schedules involving both materials and labour requirements to meet competing customer needs, including coordinating the logistics of all incoming and outgoing products
- Optimization of plant equipment and available labour in order to increase production capacity and decrease costs
- Maintain quality standards to ensure all product meets customer specifications and are of the highest quality
- Ensure all safety precautions and standards are established and adhered to
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of food manufacturing operations, with knowledge of the fishing and marine industry considered an asset
- Advanced manufacturing experience with a passion for innovative technologies
- 3+ years of related experience in a related fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, including excellent communication skills and capability to effectively collaborate across multiple levels of the organization
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills to plan resources to accommodate customer expectations
- Knowledge of the budgeting process with a strong track record of contributing to cost reduction and efficiency strategies
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead and develop a high functioning team
- High accountability with a demonstrated ability to multitask and work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Provide hands-on support as required
- Competitive compensation
- Medical and dental benefits
- International travel may be required at times
For more information concerning this position or to apply, please contact our Branch Manager Bruce Eisan. He can be reached at email@example.com or 902-830-7211.
Drake International's Halifax Branch would like to thank all candidates for their interest. Our dedicated team will respond to all resumes submitted. If you do not meet the qualifications listed above, our recruitment team will be happy to assist all applicants to discover our other opportunities.
We encourage anyone who may be looking for a new opportunity to please visit us at https://ca.drakeintl.com/ .
PEOPLE | PRODUCTIVITY | PERFORMANCE