Lumber Building Materials Department Manager
Kent Building Supplies in Dartmouth, NS
LUMBER AND BUILDING MATERIALS DEPARTMENT MANAGER
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada with 48 locations from Saint John, New Brunswick to Corner Brook, Newfoundland and many towns and cities in between. We owe our success to our exceptional customer service, superior selection of home building supplies, and our commitment to protecting our customers and staff by hiring and training associates dedicated to our safety values. Our culture thrives thanks to the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in, our focus on diversity in the workplace, our commitment to our employees through training and development programs and our focus on creating an aligned and engaged workforce across our locations.
Here at Kent, we know our success is based on the fearless leadership of our teams. Each of our retail locations has unique needs to best serve both its clients and staff, and we empower our Managers to manage multiple aspects of their businesses as if it was their own. Department Managers?are responsible for one or multiple departments throughout the store, which includes maintaining safety standards, delivering financial results, merchandising, providing a first-class customer service experience, and developing their people.
Typical career steps are to manage larger departments prior to becoming an assistant store manager.
- Leads department by demonstrating the highest standards of safety, customer service and merchandising
- Communicates information and priorities to associates and ensures they have the direction and tools needed to complete their tasks
- Addresses customer concerns about products, services rendered or employee interactions
- Handles associate and customer concerns in a fair and professional manner
- Manages associate performance through feedback and identifies training opportunities
- Actively seek to resolve any concerns while adhering to the company policy and standards of behavior
- Can manage changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Motivates others through their positive attitude to always be improving
- Demonstrates the drive and commitment needed to reach goals
- Experience in retail sales and supervision is preferred
- A knowledge of department products is an asset
- Flexible schedule based on retail needs
- Strong understanding of business goals and standards for customer service
- A safe work environment
- Incentive programs
- Employee discount
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Opportunities for growth and career advancement
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Kent Building Supplies is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.