Bilingual Communications Specialist
Are you a great storyteller and love to engage with people? Do you have an abiding interest in creative collaboration, an aesthetic eye, pay attention to detail and love to tell a story through graphic design, social media, and creative writing? Are you a bilingual pro who can write copy in both English and French? Most of all, can you be a master juggler with great respect for timelines and be acrobatic in pivoting during times of urgency?
Our Corporate Communications team has an immediate need for a communication professional to assist in crafting effective employee communications, cross-functional coordination, graphic design support, and social media management. The communication specialist will write, edit and produce internal print and electronic (Intranet) communications and will play an integral role in ensuring our brand is shared both internally and externally in a meaningful way. The Specialist will maintain usage of the established integrated communication strategy and associated calendars along with ownership of the existing internal platforms and communication channels. The Specialist will collaborate with Senior Leaders across all our sites to ensure that business practices and key messages support corporate branding and narratives.
The Millennium1 Solutions team has a commitment to providing a workplace that ensures success for you and satisfaction for our customers. We believe in a positive working environment that fosters growth, teamwork and diversity. The team members play a critical role as an advocate for our clients and are required to operate with a heightened sense of integrity and in accordance with company policies and values.
- Maintain currency of communication strategy, policies, standards and practices for posting on the intranet.
- Develop and implement tactics, job aids, templates, key messages and tool kits to assist in communicating goals, objectives and accomplishments and to address areas of sensitivity.
- Support coordination of employee communication messages and themes to ensure one common communication voice that is aligned with business strategies and initiatives.
- Assists M1S leadership team to ensure local communications support strategic business direction and business plan goals.
- Write intranet and website content as required.
- Develop proactive and timely communications as required to respond to and optimize emerging issues and opportunities.
- Manage internal communications channels, build and execute email campaigns and design effective communications for internal stakeholders.
- Use appropriate techniques to measure the effectiveness of internal communications.
- Create imagery suitable for use internally (i.e. posters, email blasts), as well as for social media usage.
- Support the Recruitment team with online advertising efforts (i.e. social media) as well as in creation of print ads.
- Support public brand recognition through creation of relevant public posts that professionally showcase our brand and culture.
- Exceptional written communication skills combined with strong presentation skills.
- Fluency in English and French.
- 3-5 years of experience working with senior levels within an organization to deliver high quality communications is essential.
- Skilled in working with leaders to assess communications needs and goals.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and meet tight deadlines as required.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Strong customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to work independently or in a team, prioritize appropriately, and willing to take direction as required.
- Responsive, flexible and a willingness to get down to the details and contribute to the success of a project.
- Experience in managing document and project files and accurately controlling the flow of information and version controlling all content.
- Strong PC skills (MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Eloqua, Outlook, Photoshop, Graphics programs, SharePoint, etc.).
- Must work well with changing priorities, ambiguity, and tight timelines.
Millennium1 Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.