Attendance and Disability Advisor
Competition #: 1-13807 EXT
Salary: $57,382 to $80,132
Applicants must attach their resumé to the application form.
BARGAINING UNIT: Management and Non Bargaining
ZONE: Zone 1B - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Dr.-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT: Health and Safety
CLASSIFICATION: Attendance and Disability Advisor
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: June 2021
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Under the authority of the Manager of Occupational Health, Safety and Wellness, the Disability Management Advisor is responsible for all management and coordination of activities around attendance and return-to-work. This includes effective management of claims submitted to the insurance company for long-term disability and of short-and long-term absences due to illness. The incumbent serves as an advisor and trainer in attendance management for the zone's managers. The incumbent coordinates the duty to accommodate.
All these duties are performed in collaboration with the human resources team and with managers as well as with stakeholders and agencies with a role to play in the work capacities of Vitalité Health Network's employees. Other related duties may be assigned for the smooth operation of human resources .
- University degree in administration or health care;
- Three to five years' experience in the health care field, in human resources within a unionized setting, and/or in disability management;
- Combination of training and experience deemed equivalent;
- Knowledge of disability management;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to function in an environment with a high level of stress and tight deadlines;
- Computer skills, and ease using Microsoft Office Suite;
- Excellent communication, networking, interpersonal and coaching skills
- Proven teamwork and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physically able to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network;
Spoken and written competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.