Automated Storage & Retrieval System Operator
Cavendish Farms in Lethbridge, AB
Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen food products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States, and around the world. We have state-of-the-art potato processing plants in Prince Edward Island, Lethbridge, Alberta, and Jamestown, North Dakota, and an appetizer plant in Wheatley, Ontario. Our Head office is in Dieppe, New Brunswick and has sales office locations in Toronto, Montreal, and Boston.
Reporting to the Maintenance and Warehouse supervisor, the ASRS Operator will be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, "Can Do" attitude and be able to adapt to a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Ensure ASRS is operating efficiently and our product is being stored in a way to meet customer expectations
- Ensure data is correct using ASRS operating software
- Work with area maintenance, warehouse, palletizing and packaging
- Completing daily checks to ensure ASRS system is operating efficiently
- Engage in continuous improvement activities daily
- Incoming and outgoing communication with peers
- Ensuring area is exceeding Irving Standards cleanliness (including interior/exterior premises plant sanitation)
- Tracking of daily components of downtime and relevant issues
- Maintaining and cleaning of all equipment
- Follow all practices, policies, procedures, and manufacture specifications
- Ensure complete clean up during sanitation days
- Other duties as assigned
- Using or wearing the protective equipment designated by the accident prevention policy
- Follow safe work procedures and report any workplace or job hazards
- Reporting immediately to their supervisor any unsafe conditions or acts
- Reporting all accidents or injuries to your supervisor immediately
- Follow good manufacturing practices and HACCP rules.
- Participate in food safety and quality programs of the facility within the specific role
- Reporting of food safety, food security, quality, and pest control concerns to the immediate supervisor
- Participate in sanitation activities
Qualifications and Abilities:
- Ability to identify potential hazards
- Thorough understanding on customer expectations and requirements
- Ability to meeting Irving Standards
- Familiar with SPC is an asset
- Familiar with OHS Act Regulations Code
- Chemical use and Safety
- Experience in ASRS software would be considered an asset
- Must successfully complete mechanical aptitude test
- Understanding of our Emergency Response procedure
- Able to work 12-hour shifts and weekends
- Experience with JD Edwards Operating System would be an asset
- Ability to follow Lock Out Tag Out Procedures
- Knowledge of fall protection
- Strong communication and comprehension skill
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online by October 3rd, 2021.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Cavendish Farms Corporation is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.