J.D. Irving, Limited - IT Division in Saint John, NB
Location: Saint John, New Brunswick
As a technically savvy, focused and driven professional you know what it takes to assist on site and remote information technology support to our end users. This opportunity is a pivotal role enabling quality support and service to the employees of J.D. Irving Limited head office in Saint John, NB. Supporting our head office you will provide day to day support to end users, resolve technical support issues, and deploying IT solutions.
JDI IT?: Who we are and what we offer
At JDI IT,?the belief that what people experience matters more than technology?is part of our foundational core.
With over 300 employees, we offer?the opportunity to create real value by helping people and businesses work smarter. JDI IT supports?the entire J.D. Irving Limited group of companies which means we offer opportunities and experiences across a wide breadth of IT areas, businesses and industries. From f orestry, to t ransportation, to shipbuilding, we are working directly with our business counterparts to align their strategies to continued advancements in IT. As a member of the JDI IT team, you will be a key player in enabling the business to win by overcoming obstacles and "getting it done"!
We believe in the power of diverse teams and invest in continuous professional growth. We are seeking naturally curious change makers looking to join a collaborative and motivated team. Come help JDI IT Raise the Bar!
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- 2 years' experience in a technical position
- Naturally curious, focused and driven with a high degree of professionalism and attention to detail
- Excellent and customer focused communication skills while building a professional relationship with end users
- High energy with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently or within a team
- Physical ability to complete setups and deployment of computer equipment
- Experience with some of the following technologies would be expected: Windows 10, Microsoft 365, Microsoft SCCM, DHCP, DNS, WIFI, Satellite, VSat
- Basic networking skills both wireless and end point switching (Cisco, Juniper) and client remote access
- Certifications in the following would be considered an asset: Network , A , Lenovo Hardware, Dell Hardware, Cisco Switching (CCNA)
- Proficiency in MS Office Products
- Provide day-to-day support to J.D. Irving end users, specifically related to end user computing devices (desktops, laptops, mobile devices)
- Resolve technical support issues that cannot be resolved by the Service Desk or requires hands on approach
- Deploy all IT solutions related to end user devices, including J.D. Irving Ltd. site set up and deployment of new end user technologies including desktops, laptops, tablets, printers, VoIP telephony, network equipment, server migrations, and satellite technology and software applications
- Analyze, document, and escalate critical issues to appropriate support groups
- Monitor and ensure timely escalation of customer issues to internal organizations and/or vendors
- Perform preventative maintenance and install upgrades and options
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.