Quality Control Inspector
OSCO Construction Group in Saint John, NB
Established in 1963, Strescon Limited has grown to become the largest precast, pre-stressed concrete manufacturer in Eastern Canada. Its primary market covers the Atlantic Provinces, the New England region of the United States, and Bermuda. Strescon manufactures a wide range of both architectural and structural precast/prestressed concrete products including bridge girders, wall panels, complete parking garages, hollow-core planking, piling and deck slabs. Strescon presently has two facilities: 70,000 sq. ft. in Saint John, New Brunswick and 50,000 sq. ft. In Bedford, Nova Scotia.
In addition to our engineered precast facilities for custom components, Strescon also operates a 32,000 sq. ft. facility in Saint John which manufactures standard concrete products for engineered drainage systems, such as pipe, manholes and catch basins.
We are currently searching for an experienced and highly analytical Quality Inspector to join our production department. As the Quality Inspector, you will uphold the safety regulations of our company and supervise the production process to guarantee that all our products meet quality expectations. The Quality Control Inspector will also assist in achieving departmental goals within targeted budgets by meeting deadlines for workload completion using the most cost-effective method possible.
The ideal candidate must be able to effectively communicate with other departments and shop/field personnel focusing on a high level of quality, and ownership and follow through of technical aspects. The QC Inspector must represent the company in a professional, positive manner when dealing with internal and external customers as well as ensure quality control standards are met. Additionally, they will need to monitor and offer ideas for improvement of inspection processes and controls to ensure manufactured products meet drawing specifications through various stages of production. This will be done through a shared knowledge with others in department to assist in promoting a better trained workforce.
- Ensuring finished concrete products meet the quality standards set by the Company or PCI or CPCI
- Measuring, identifying and verifying the materials and sizes of the fabricated components versus the detailed drawings
- Monitoring the concrete manufacturing process by testing the physical properties and gaging aesthetic quality of the concrete during the pouring and post pouring conditions
- Implementing corrective actions, when required, after consultation with the Project management, Engineering and/or QC Manager
- Communicating effectively with both staff and management
- Proactively suggesting improvements to current processes
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum two-year Engineering Technology diploma, or equivalent experience in a Quality Control position
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints/shop drawings
- Willingness to pursue PCI certification
- Team oriented
- Able to work in a deadline driven, demanding work environment.
As a member of the OSCO Construction Group, we offer a comprehensive compensation package including health and dental coverage, life insurance, RRSP and tax-free savings account options. Additionally, we offer educational scholarships to children of employees, health & wellness programming, celebratory events and employee sport team sponsorships.
The origins of the OSCO Construction Group go back to 1955 when Ocean Steel & Construction Ltd. was founded in Saint John, New Brunswick. Since that time, the OSCO Construction Group has grown to encompass four main operating sectors: Steel, Concrete, Construction and Corporate. Within these sectors lie an ever-expanding number of companies and divisions, serving a growing market area and employing over twelve hundred employees.
The OSCO Construction Group prides itself not just in embracing change, but in leading it. We drive this change by maintaining our vision to be fast, be global and be connected. All of our sectors are committed to: conducting business with integrity and fairness; continuous education & training of our employees; improving our processes; focusing on our customers' needs; and, providing top quality products & services.