Lead Systems Engineer
The successful candidate will be called to work at CFB Stadacona, in Halifax, once the necessary security clearances have been granted by the Government of Canada.
Lockheed Martin Canada Inc. (Lockheed Martin) is Canadau0027s most successful Combat System Integrator specializing in large sophisticated integration projects. We take advantage of advanced engineering practices and modern technologies to design, develop and integrate combat systems for naval warships.
The candidate will be involved in the in the Halifax Class Frigate In-Service Support (ISS) Program, including the total engineering life cycle from specification, design, development, integration & test, deployment, maintenance and field trouble shooting for systems and capabilities on a high complexity naval combat system.
The candidate will function in a multi-disciplined team environment. Participate in the technical definition and development of the system design and architecture, and participate in all appropriate engineering activities including but not limited to:
- Provide technical project planning
- Provide guidance to the technical and programmatic lead
- Ensure that the combat systems integration and installation are closely aligned the ISS's overall strategic priorities and timeline with respect to the build cycle
- Provide updates to senior staff
- Maintain timelines across all disciplines (Software (SW)/Hardware (HW) and subcontracts)
- Review all task deliverables
- Adhere to budgets by reporting Estimate To Complete (ETC) and keep projects on track by maintaining milestones
- Oversee the Design, Integration, Development, Installation, Testing and Evaluation of the Combat Management System 330 (CMS 330) and the combat systems
- Anticipate and analysis issue via a risk register
- Manage all phases of delivery including: analysis and design, configuration and build, testing and training, and deployment of solutions
- Manage and appropriately escalate delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes associated to the product development initiatives
- Lead and motivate cross-functional teams and interact with all levels
- Assign and monitor work of technical personnel, ensuring that project steps are in alignment with customer on-time, scope and within budget
- Ensure the Subcontracts "STADs", Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) and Technical Assistance Agreements (TAAs) are actioned by the Subcontract (SC) management team and support those efforts
- Liaise with customer, subcontractors, Subcontract Administrator (SCA) and contracts authorizes within Lockheed Martin.
Lockheed Martin supports Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity in the workplace by creating a place of employment that is, harassment free, diverse, fair, ethical, inclusive, and values the contribution of all its employees. Diversity and inclusion are the foundation of our culture and reflect our values of doing what's right, respecting others and performing with excellence. By leveraging our employees' unique talents and experiences, we will deliver innovative, affordable solutions and unparalleled customer value.Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 10 years or more of professional experience; or 6 years of professional experience with a related Master's degree
- Minimum of 5 years of Systems Engineering and Leadership experience
- Experience with Halifax Class CMS 330 and the combat systems
- Recognized as a resource and an authority in discipline
- Demonstrated ability to influence
- Strong team player and leadership skills
- Experience with Software, Systems, Hardware or Maintenance engineering lifecycles
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical members of the engineering/management staff and personnel assigned to related work
- Aptitude for solving challenging problems in a team environment
- Have a high degree of initiative and autonomy
- Have a high learning ability
- Ability to adapt and perform in a dynamic environment.
Lockheed Martin Canada is the Canadian-based arm of Lockheed Martin Corporation, a global security and aerospace company employing 98,000 people worldwide, including nearly 1,000 Canadians. By applying innovative approaches of our highly skilled and experienced Canadian workforce, we have been Canada's trusted defence and aerospace partner for over 75 years. We operate major facilities in Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, Calgary and Victoria and work on a wide range of major programs from advanced naval technology products and unmanned systems software to providing delivery and in-service support of the latest military aircraft to commercial engine repair and overhaul capabilities.