Rehabilitation Assistant (3052)
Competition #: 5-8080 EXT
Salary: $21.5833 to $23.2324
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY: Campbellton Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Communication Disorders and Audiology
CLASSIFICATION: Rehabilitation Assistant (3052)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Under the supervision of the department manager or delegate, the Rehabilitation Assistant will carry out technical tasks for the department and assist the Speech Language Pathologists / Audiologists in providing clinical treatments to patients with needs. He/she could be asked on occasion to be assigned to other disciplines of Rehabilitation (Physiotherapy).
- High School graduation or equivalent plus and an additional Rehabilitation Techniques Program/ Course of over one year and up to two years;
- Recent experience in direct patient care;
- Basic computer skills;
- Current BLS Certificate;
- Good communication skills (verbal and written);Initiative, good judgment and organisational skills;
- Effective time managementandcustomer care skills;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in one of the two official languages either English or French and spoken competence in the other official language is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.