CBCL is looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our team in our Saint John Branch Office. The candidate will be responsible for the reception and office administration duties including, but not limited to greeting the public in person and on the phone, formatting and preparation of letters, reports and proposals, tracking proposals, project filing, project archiving, compiling expense reports, minor accounting functions, organizing and booking travel for staff, compiling and possibly taking meeting minutes as well as general office duties.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- The ideal candidate would have graduated with a college diploma in a business related or office management course;
- Experience with ISO 9001 policies and procedures and engineering consulting firms would be an asset;
- A background in the formatting and preparation of reports and proposals;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office software (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- A motivated self-starter willing to take on improvement initiatives;
- Experience with MS Project, Visio and Adobe software would also be an asset;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal, organization and time management skills;
- Highly professional demeanor with emphasis on client service; and
- Overtime may be required from time to time.
What we can offer you:
- A competitive compensation package effective on your first day of employment:
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with employer contributions
- Generous vacation allowance commensurate with experience
- Respect for work-life balance with flexible environment
- Employer contributions towards maternity leave top-up
- Health and wellness Incentive
- Professional Membership dues reimbursement, if applicable
- Education and lifelong learning subsidization
- Community volunteering incentive
- Employee Family Assistance Program
As an employee-owned firm, at CBCL, our people are everything. We are committed to promoting inclusivity and diversity for a workplace where everyone can thrive, and we build long-term relationships with our clients while providing them with innovative solutions.
We have earned recognition as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies. Our multi-talented group of professionals offer consulting in the Infrastructure, Water and Wastewater, Buildings, Industrial, and Earth and Environment sectors. We value our people, our communities, and our history and look forward to continuing our steady growth.
CBCL operates from its offices across eight locations in Halifax and Sydney, NS; Charlottetown, PE; Saint John, Fredericton and Moncton, NB; St. John's, NL, and Ottawa, ON.
CBCL Limited is committed to employment equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is represented at all job levels.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those applicants who are selected to interview will be contacted.