Senior Network Topology u0026 Data Normalization Architect
The Naval Programs teams spans across Lockheed Martin Canada Inc. (Lockheed Martin)u0027s main project sites (Kanata, Montreal, and Dartmouth), opportunities are available at all sites for supporting Naval Combat Systems Programs and Proposal Capture activities.
The successful candidate must be a high-level Network Topology Architect (i.e. Design High-level Network Architecture) who understands high data transfer rates, back-end resource usage, large data storage (i.e. 1 petabyte), data normalization (i.e. optimization / data governance), and information assurance. The successful candidate will play a crucial role on the Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) Information Management System (IMS) product team or Integrated Cyber Defence System (ICDS) product team to help produce the physical architecture for the ship.Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin Canada is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities, and we encourage feedback on the provision of these services.Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Strong conceptual and practical understanding of Information Technology (IT) Infrastructure designs, network components and server management, including routers, switches, firewalls, Windows, Linux, virtualization technologies, containers etc.
- Knowledge of various operating systems (e.g. Windows, Linux, etc.) and network devices commonly deployed in enterprise networks (IT/OT). Experience with network discovery technologies is an asset
- Experience with programming/scripting languages (such as Python, Perl, Ruby, SQL). Experience with DevSecOps, would be an asset
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and oral. The ability to present ideas and results to technical and non-technical audiences
- Requirement reconciliation for large systems
- Familiar with defining network architecture for:
- High speed data transfer
- Information assurance (high side to low side)
- Passive network tapping
- Familiar with the latest data storage architecture:
- Normalizing "big" data (data aggregation, optimization)
- Data governance
- Pre-forming data for data analysis
- Familiar with tools and technologies such as: network discovery tools, nmap, port scanning, vulnerability scanners, Nessus, PVS, Rapid7, Tripwire, Qualys…
- Architecting interoperability between networks.
Lockheed Martin Canada is the Canadian-based arm of Lockheed Martin Corporation, a global security and aerospace company employing 110,000 people worldwide, including more than 1,000 Canadians. By applying innovative approaches of our highly skilled and experienced Canadian workforce, we have been Canada's trusted defence and aerospace partner for over 80 years. We operate major facilities in Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, Calgary and Victoria and work on a wide range of programs from advanced naval technology products and unmanned systems software to providing delivery and in-service support of the latest military aircraft to commercial engine repair and overhaul capabilities.This position is part of the Rotary and Mission Systems business area, where employees across Canada support engineering, systems integration, training, sustainment and in-service support programs for Canadian and international military customers across land, air and sea.