IT Support Specialist Contract
The IT Support Specialist will operate as a member of the M1S IT Team, responsible for being an initial point of contact for users requiring assistance with information technology issues. Required to triage issues and assign helpdesk tickets as well install, configuring, and maintaining Millennium 1 Solutions' computers, desktop peripherals, laptops and printers within the designated site in a 24/7 environment. As well you will be required to support work from home users in setup and troubleshooting of their home office equipment.
This position performs a wide variety of tasks that includes technology and infrastructure support, as well as interaction with many technology service providers and M1S internal users on a daily basis.
- Initial point of contact for users requiring assistance with information technology issues, including requests and issues via telephone, email and in person.
- Timely acknowledgement of request and issues, executing initial triage / information gathering activities and logging requests.
- Ensuring timely acknowledgement and remediation activities by assigned resources, executing follow-up and escalations as per company policies.
- Ensure departmental compliance with internal controls and policies
- Setup computer hardware using system imaging software with predefined images and standards
- Respond to requests for assistance at user workstation as well as providing phone and remote desktop support to remote offices/users.
- Ability to troubleshoot PC hardware, LAN/Network and software issues, providing accurate, timely and creative solutions, and escalating more complex problems to senior staff
- Replace defective hardware as required.
- Install/configure desktop software as required
- Familiarity with peripheral devices associated with computers, as well as mobile devices.
- Maintain a general understanding of networking concepts as they pertain to connectivity of desktop devices.
- Complete assigned tasks, ensuring delivery of services in accordance with established objectives and Service Level targets.
- Maintain accurate asset inventory
- Complete time logs and update assigned tickets in an accurate and timely manner
- Display exceptional customer service skills, with a focus on quality of service.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
- Travel to remote user's home office for installation and troubleshooting of computer equipment.
- Completion of secondary education
- Minimum 2 years supporting end users
- Minimum 2 years working with desktop computers and peripherals
- Familiarity with Windows operating systems and user support, especially Windows 7 as well as Microsoft Office
- Technical, analytical and interpersonal skills required
- Excellent organizational, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to comply with corporate IT policies and work within a structured corporate environment
- Must meet background check and enhanced security clearance (be Canadian resident for 5 years +)
- Ability to quickly identify and fully diagnose and resolve hardware/software problems
- Ability to work in cohesive team environment
- Should be self-motivated, flexible, and eager to constantly learn/expand skill set
- Ability to lift objects up to 25 pounds in weight
- ITIL, A+, N+ and MSCE Certifications are considered assets
- Familiarity with Heat Ticketing systems is considered an asset.
Millennium1 Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.