Business Advisor (CDÉNÉ)
The Conseil de développement économique de la Nouvelle-Écosse (CDÉNÉ) provides Business Development and Entrepreneurship Services including consultation, counselling and training services to small and medium sized businesses as well as social enterprises that contribute to the economic development of Nova Scotia's Acadian/Francophone communities. The Business Advisor role is focused on having a positive impact on economic development within our mandated communities.
The Business Advisor works under the supervision of the Manager of CDÉNÉ Business Development and Entrepreneurship.
- Provide business counselling to entrepreneurs and business clients;
- Follow-up with clients after initial meeting;
- Promote the services of CDÉNÉ;
- Coordinate and participate in various projects organized by CDÉNÉ;
- Conduct surveys and market research;
- Attend conferences and meetings;
- Assist clients with the preparation of business plans, marketing plans and other requests;
- Advise and collaborate with Université Sainte-Anne students;
- Assist with the development of various proposals and projects;
- Participate in CDÉNÉ activity planning sessions;
- All other responsibilities related to the CDÉNÉ operations may be added; by qualifications.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES :
- University diploma; preferably in Business Administration or in a related field of studies or equivalent;
- Possess project management or business competencies;
- Possess diplomacy, communication, financial analysis and sales abilities;
- Possess a sound knowledge of marketing and accounting principles;
- Capable of working collaboratively as part of a team as well as independently;
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented;
- Bilingual, French and English.
Salary range: a competitive benefits package, salary as per qualifications and experience between $42 000 - $50 000
Work Location: Services are provided in the municipality of Argyle
Interested candidates may submit a cover letter and résumé before Friday, May 21st, 2021 to:
Le Conseil de développement économique de la Nouvelle-Écosse
Att: Bruno Pelletier
Office 902, CIBC Building, 1809 Barrington Street
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 3K8
Fax: (902) 424-6002
- Applications will be retained for future employment opportunities.
- Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- This position's working language is French therefore interviews will be completed in French.