J.D. Irving, Limited - IT Division in Saint John, NB
Location: Fredericton, Edmundston, St. Leonard- New Brunswick OR Ashland, Fort Kent- Maine
If you're a natural leader and motivated by a fast moving environment this opportunity is truly once in a lifetime. As a Technical Analyst you will be supporting our Woodlands operations that operate on over 6 million acres of timberland in Maine, NB and NS, using your IT technical skills to assess our customer needs and determining the most appropriate technical solutions. We are supporting technology in harvesters, and many other types of heavy equipment. Working with leading technology, you will get to see into the future of Forestry. This unique opportunity will allow you to put your skills to use while exploring the outdoors through central and northern New Brunswick and Maine. A company vehicle will be provided.
If you are looking for a truly unique opportunity in your career - this is it.
JDI IT?: Who we are and what we offer
At JDI IT,?the belief that what people experience matters more than technology?is part of our foundational core.
With over 300 employees, we offer?the opportunity to create real value by helping people and businesses work smarter. JDI IT supports?the entire J.D. Irving Limited group of companies which means we offer opportunities and experiences across a wide breadth of IT areas, businesses and industries. From f orestry, to t ransportation, to shipbuilding, we are working directly with our business counterparts to align their strategies to continued advancements in IT. As a member of the JDI IT team, you will be a key player in enabling the business to win by overcoming obstacles and "getting it done"!
We believe in the power of diverse teams and invest in continuous professional growth. We are seeking naturally curious change makers looking to join a collaborative and motivated team. Come help JDI IT Raise the Bar!
- Post-secondary education in a related technical field
- 2 years experience in a customer facing technical position
- Customer service mindset with a high level of attention on delivering a quality service
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and travel extensively within Central and Northern New Brunswick and Maine
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team
- Excellent and customer focused communication skills while building a professional relationship with end users
- Physical ability to complete setups and deployment of computer equipment; primarily on equipment in the field. Requires working on, in and around equipment in rough and uneven terrain
- Understanding of 12 & 24 volt power environments (running cable, terminating wires)
- Experience with MFP and iMac
- Experience with the following technologies would be considered an asset; Windows 10, Microsoft 365, Microsoft SCCM, DHCP, DNS, WIFI, Satellite, VSat
- Certifications in the following would be considered an asset; Network , A , Dell Hardware, Cisco Switching (CCNA)
- Basic networking skills both wireless and end point switching (Cisco, Juniper) and client remote access
- Bilingualism in English and French would be considered an asset
- Provide day-to-day support to J.D. Irving Woodlands equipment and field operations staff, specifically related to end users, specifically related to in-cab computing devices (OEM Computers, laptops, mobile devices) and communications devices
- Resolve technical support issues that cannot be resolved by the Service Desk or requires hands on approach
- Deploy all IT solutions related to end user devices, including J.D. Irving Ltd. site set up and deployment of new end user technologies including desktops, laptops, tablets, printers, VoIP telephony, network equipment, server migrations, and satellite technology and software applications
- Analyze, document, and escalate critical issues to appropriate support groups
- Monitor and ensure timely escalation of customer issues to internal organizations and/or vendors
- Perform preventative maintenance and install upgrades and options
- In addition to a competitive salary package a company vehicle will also be provided
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.