Business Development Associate
OSCO Construction Group in Saint John, NB
Established in 1963, Strescon Limited has grown to become the largest precast, pre-stressed concrete manufacturer in Eastern Canada. Its primary market covers the Atlantic Provinces, the New England region of the United States plus Bermuda. Strescon manufactures a wide range of both architectural and structural precast/prestressed concrete products including bridge girders, wall panels, complete parking garages, hollow-core planking, piling and deck slabs. Strescon presently has four manufacturing facilities: Precast plants in Saint John New Brunswick and Bedford Nova Scotia; Ancillary products division in Yarmouth Nova Scotia, and our pipe plant in Saint John New Brunswick
The Business Development Associate will be confident with a competitive drive and the ability to build long term relationships beneficial to the business. A well-suited candidate can react and adjust quickly to changing conditions and come up with practical ideas for dealing with them. Effective communication and sales skills are essential for this role, in addition to having a solid understanding of our business, our products and the construction industry.
- Travel throughout New Brunswick and Maine to maintain existing and develop new relationships with contractors, developers, and the design community
- Assist in developing strategies for further development of sales with existing and potential clients ensuring sales targets set by the company are met.
- Provide technical leadership to customers helping them understand the benefits / advantages of using pre-cast concrete products
- Act as liaison with customer and internal team to ensure a smooth transition from sales to project execution
- Sales tracking and following potential projects through CRM software
- Soliciting and developing relationships with suppliers and subcontractors
- Represent the Company at professional events
- Help with electronic marketing campaigns through LinkedIn and other social media platforms
- Additional duties as assigned
- Post-secondary diploma in a technology and/or Engineering degree would be an asset. A business degree with a focus on sales will be considered with construction experience.
- A results-oriented professional with keen interest in business development
- A relationship builder, able to establish rapport with a variety of clients
- A self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision and direction
- The ability to read and interpret drawings
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Decision making, planning and organizational skills
As a member of the OSCO Construction Group, Strescon Limited offers a comprehensive compensation package including health and dental coverage, life insurance, RRSP and tax-free savings account options. Additionally, we offer educational bursaries to children of employees, health & wellness programming, celebratory events and employee sport team sponsorships. About OSCO
The origins of the OSCO Construction Group go back to 1955 when Ocean Steel & Construction Ltd. was founded in Saint John, New Brunswick. Since that time, the OSCO Construction Group has grown to encompass four main operating sectors: Steel, Concrete, Construction and Corporate. Within these sectors lie an ever-expanding number of companies and divisions, serving a growing market area and employing over one thousand employees.
The OSCO Construction Group prides itself not just in embracing change, but in leading it. We drive this change by maintaining our vision to be fast, be global and be connected. All of our sectors are committed to: conducting business with integrity and fairness; continuous education & training of our employees; improving our processes; focusing on our customers' needs; and, providing top quality products & services.