Contracts Administration Lead
Contracts Administration Lead
AM - 14615
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with Zwicker Zareski Architecture + Planning (ZZap) to recruit a Contracts Administration Lead to join their team in downtown Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
Established in 2018, ZZap integrates into property owners' and developers' operations as a strategic design partner during early site conceptualization to optimize development potential and design quality for Urban and Suburban sites. With over 40 years of combined industry experience, ZZap's founders believe that the fusion of architecture and planning that listens to 'the place' and builds consensus through authentic and meaningful engagement results in distinct projects that are embraced by the communities they serve. ZZap is quickly building a reputation as a primary integrated firm in Atlantic Canada for planning, land development, real estate development and building design.
As the Contracts Administration Lead, you will be responsible for reviewing ongoing construction of projects to monitor compliance with contract documents, identifying deficiencies and suggesting resolutions, as well as ensuring documentation is up to date. You will also take the lead on developing and implementing sound CA practices and guidelines within the organization, ensuring the rest of team can learn from your expertise.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Manage the CA phase of all assigned projects, ensuring the work is completed accurately, on schedule and on budget.
• Perform quality control/constructability reviews on drawings and specifications prior to issuing documents for permit/tender.
• Conduct on-site visits to review compliance with contract documents, observe and report on work in progress, and prepare site reports.
• Provide progress reports to the project team.
• Implement contract administration and document control process, ensuring that all project records are organized, up-to-date and reflect any changes to construction contract documents.
• Respond to Contractor requests for information and administer change documents as required.
• Communication with contractors, clients and approval authorities.
This opportunity might be the right fit if you are an energetic self-starter who enjoys an open office environment with a team focused and collaborative culture. You are passionate about the details and language of how a building and contract goes together, using your specialized construction knowledge to manage projects with confidence and ease. By joining the ZZap team you will be part of a fun, transparent and entrepreneurial organization that focuses on results and not a clock. You will be given the autonomy and resources needed to be successful and create the best results for your clients. This is an opportunity to work on exciting and creative projects that will shape a city for years to come. In return for the skillset and expertise you bring you will be given a competitive compensation and benefits package.
• 10+ years of experience in a Contract Administration role or similar role with a focus on the construction phase of projects, familiarity with CCDC and RAIC contracts is an asset.
• An educational background in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management would be a definite asset.
• Prior experience working on a variety of projects including but not limited to mixed-use residential, commercial and institutional.
• Knowledge of applicable building codes/standards and experience working with construction documents.
• Experience establishing contract administration and document control best practices and processes.
• Proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD is an asset.
• Demonstrated expertise in building envelope and assembly, working with a variety of mediums including wood, steel and reinforced concrete.
• Strong communication and negotiation skills, along with a demonstrated expertise in conflict resolution.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking "Apply Now" below.
For more information contact Austin McLennan, Senior Consultant, at 902-424-1103 and firstname.lastname@example.org or Rick Neima, Recruitment Specialist at 902-421-4407 and email@example.com, or please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Austin or Rick know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.