Clair Sawmill in Chipman, NB
At J.D. Irving, Limited, you are part of an energetic team of professionals who lead with integrity and are passionate about achieving results. With a culture that nurtures talent and creates an inclusive workplace, you can grow your career across our diverse operating divisions.
Founded in 1882, J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI) has operations in Eastern Canada (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador), and the United States. We are a team of 15,000 dedicated employees.
J.D. Irving, Limited is currently seeking candidates to join our Clearwater team as an Industrial Mechanic/Millwright. The successful candidate will work as part of the maintenance team, completing planned work on weekends (12 hour shifts), and throughout the week as needed.
- Education Required:
- A minimum of block 2 in Industrial Mechanic
- Welding experience is considered an asset
- Years of Experience Required:
- 2-5 years of experience in maintenance in an industrial environment
- Sawmill experience is desirable
- Experience working with stationary equipment used in some type of production process
- Ability to work in a team environment that is committed to working safe, while focused on improving production and maintaining quality
- Strong interpersonal skills are required
- Proficiency in hydraulic and pneumatic troubleshooting is required
- Responsible for installation, maintenance and repair of machinery and mechanical equipment
- Machine troubleshooting, repair, assembly, preventative maintenance
- Reading blue print and sketches proficiently to fabricate equipment and make modifications
- Repair or replace chains; belt conveyors; gear boxes/drive chains; hydraulics & pneumatics; welding/cutting; and using power tools
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
J.D. Irving, Limited, Sawmill Division is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.