Director of Membership and Business Support
The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Moncton (CCGM) is seeking a Director of Membership and Business Support. This position directs all aspects of membership, including recruitment of new members and retention of existing members by developing plans and implementing procedures and methods to achieve CCGM's Action Plan. This position is also responsible for developing, implementing and executing business support initiatives to assist our members grow and prosper.
The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Moncton is the region's independent business voice, focusing on member benefits, networking and events, and strong advocacy on behalf of members. We offer a collaborative, fast paced, rewarding work environment. You will have the opportunity to work with business and community leaders from the Greater Moncton area and expand your network while doing so. We are member focused in everything we do. If you think outside the box, like to develop new solutions, new approaches and new perspectives, this is the job for you.
- Conduct direct sales prospecting and create a method to follow up.
- Drive sales with phone calls, emails, face-to-face visits, and presentations to new or prospective members.
- Build strong relationships with existing and potential members.
- Achieve monthly and annual revenue targets for new and renewing memberships.
- Maintain the membership database.
- Develop a strong knowledge of Chamber benefits, current membership and new prospects.
- Use existing connections and relationships to heighten the Chamber's profile in the community.
- Lead the Chamber's business support efforts, including creation of direct, one-to-one programs that assist businesses with day-to-day challenges.
- Be the Chamber's 'business navigator', assisting members navigate financial assistance and support programs.
- Prepare membership reports for the CEO for board meetings.
- Perform all other services deemed necessary by CCGM as part of your employment as Director of Membership and Business Support.
What are we looking for?
Education: University degree in Business Administration or Marketing or an equivalent combination of sales and marketing education and experience.
Work Experience: Minimum 3 years of previous experience in marketing and sales.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office. Experience using Customer Relation Management (CRM) software is required.
Language Skills: Bilingualism (French and English) is required for this position, both oral and written.
- Has a track record of creating diverse, unique, outside-the-box sales and marketing strategies that deliver measurable results.
- Has a deep understanding of value proposition and how to relate that value to clients.
- Can create quick and long-lasting business relationships.
- Is a self-starter who can run with projects on their own but also thrives as part of a team.
- Works well under pressure and meets deadlines.
- Valid driver's licence and daily use of a vehicle is required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some early morning and evening events.
If you would like to be part of a small but dynamic and fast-paced team, and receive a competitive compensation package (including vacation, health benefits and RRSP), please send your resumé to email@example.com by end of day May 7, 2021.
We thank you for your interest, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Moncton is an equal opportunity employer.