At PAL, innovation is at the core of our operations, and our team members worldwide. With a proud 40-year history, PAL has grown and expanded to become international leaders in aerospace and aviation. Through its multi-faceted divisions, PAL has established its footprint not only on a national level, but internationally, with new and exciting ventures and partnerships across the globe.
To continue our vision for growth, we're seeking a Controller to join our Corporate team in St. John's, NL.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements including balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements, notes to financial statements, etc.;
- Develop and maintain the integrity of the financial reporting process and financial controls and work closely with the executive team to identify opportunities for process improvement;
- Resolve accounting issues, including evaluation and implementation of new accounting pronouncements to ensure compliance, through research and collaboration with other members of the PAL Finance group and other departments as necessary;
- Liaise with Finance team for preparation of annual budgets and key performance indicators (KPIs);
- Coordinate annual audit with external auditors, and ensure effective communication among staff, internal audit and external auditors;
- Coordinate the monthly and quarterly tax deliverables and remittances;
- Ensure contractual invoices are compliant with contract terms;
- Liaison with Centre of Excellence for team mentorship and oversight of divisional deliverables;
- Other duties as assigned
- Professional accounting designation;
- Minimum of 5 years' experience, preferably in a large, multi-divisional manufacturing organization;
- Extensive experience and knowledge in dealing with accounting systems, budgets, internal controls, business planning, and asset management;
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills;
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational and analytical skills;
- Experience with Great Plains software would be an asset.
Work With Us
PAL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.