Executive Assistant to the President and CEO
Executive Assistant to the President and CEO
Are you an experienced administrative professional looking for your next amazing opportunity? We are pleased to be partnered with our client, Halifax Partnership, in bringing the next Executive Assistant to the President and CEO (Executive Assistant) to their team. Halifax Partnership is Halifax's public-private economic development organization and with their many partners they mobilize and lead the community in executing Halifax's Economic Growth Plan. They help keep, grow, and get, business, talent, and investment in Halifax.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing executive, administrative and governance support to the President and CEO and Board of Directors. They will serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external inquiries on all matters pertaining to the office of the President and CEO. This position requires an individual with the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, has strong communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Responsibilities, among others, will include:
- Providing executive support to the President and CEO, Chair of the Board of Directors, Chairs of the Board standing and Ad Hoc Committees.
- Organizing meetings, including logistics, drafting agendas, developing and coordinating all pertinent documents, taking and preparing meeting minutes, and coordinating follow-ups and actions.
- Providing accurate and timely administrative support in areas such as email and calendar management, CRM data entry, expense management, maintenance of records and arrangement of travel and itineraries.
- Anticipating the information and planning needs of the President and CEO; recognizing potential problems, issues and opportunities and redirecting or resolving based on the nature of the concern.
- Assessing inquiries directed to the CEO, determining the proper course of action and delegating to the appropriate individual to manage in consultation with the CEO.
- Responsible for the day-to-day supervision of receptionist and associated functions, ensuring all functions are carried out in accordance with agreed procedures, protocols and timelines.
- Coordinating all logistics for the Board of Directors' and Committees' meetings and events: scheduling meetings; drafting agendas; developing, compiling, and distributing presentation materials and recording meeting minutes.
- Preparing post-meeting action lists and managing follow-up reporting to ensure all items are tracked, reported, and responded to in a timely manner.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience supporting and working with senior executive leaders and Board members.
- Demonstrated experience working with Boards, taking minutes, and managing all facets of Board governance to a high and consistent standard.
- University degree or community college diploma in paralegal, business or office administration or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams), Adobe PDF software and Salesforce.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
We are looking for a resourceful team player, with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills across all stakeholders. Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail will be key to success in this role. If this sounds like you, reach out to us.
Halifax Partnership is committed to fostering a culture that is supportive and values others, one that is grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including African Nova Scotians, Aboriginal peoples, women, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, persons of minority sexual orientations, and gender identities.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at email@example.com. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Sara Morey know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.