Civil Engineering Technician
CBCL is seeking a Civil Engineering Technician to join our Civil and Municipal Engineering Group in Fredericton, NB!
Help us shape our work environment and our culture by working collaboratively with other design and construction professionals on challenging and exciting infrastructure projects, as part of our thriving company.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- A competitive compensation package effective on your first day of employment:
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with employer contributions
- Generous vacation allowance commensurate with experience
- Respect for work-life balance with flexible environment and remote work options
- Employee ownership potential
- Employer contributions towards maternity leave top up
- Health and wellness Incentive
- Membership dues reimbursement
- Education and lifelong learning subsidization
- Community volunteering incentive
- Employee Family Assistance Program
YOUR ROLE WITH CBCL
As our ideal candidate, you have expertise with designing and inspecting municipal infrastructure and land development projects. You're a motivated self-starter, who's excited to participate with an established team of professional engineers and technologists in developing innovative solutions, with an emphasis on client satisfaction and supporting the growth of local communities.
Specifically, you will:
- Assist in the design and preparation of drawings and contract documents for water, sewer and drainage systems;
- Perform full time on-site construction inspection;
- Perform topographic surveys using total stations and GPS equipment;
- Develop detailed construction drawings using AutoCAD and Civil3D;
- Complete hydraulic and hydrology calculations;
- Work with an experienced multi-discipline team to produce designs;
- Conduct field/site surveys;
- Support the day-to-day activities of projects from inception through engineering, construction, commissioning and hand over; and
- Perform construction field reviews.
WHAT YOU CAN OFFER US
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology (or similar program);
- 5-10 years of experience;
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and Revit;
- Exemplary interpersonal skills with team members, other design disciplines, and the public at large;
- Experience with municipal infrastructure construction practices;
- Detail-oriented, organized, hardworking, with a team player attitude;
- Performs well under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Available to work overtime, from time to time.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Valid driver's license and be able to travel to job sites within Atlantic Canada.
ABOUT CBCL LIMITED
As an employee-owned firm, at CBCL, our people are everything. We are committed to promoting inclusivity and diversity for a workplace where everyone can thrive, and we build long-term relationships with our clients while providing them with innovative solutions.
We have earned recognition as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies. Our multitalented group of professionals offer consulting in the Infrastructure, Water and Wastewater, Buildings, Industrial, and Earth and Environment sectors. We value our people, our communities, and our history and look forward to continuing our steady growth.
CBCL operates from its twelve Canadian offices across nine locations in Halifax and Sydney, NS; Charlottetown, PE; Saint John, Fredericton and Moncton, NB; St. John's, NL, and Ottawa, ON.
CBCL Limited is committed to employment equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is represented at all job levels.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those applicants who are selected to interview will be contacted.