Research Registered Nurse Coordinator
RESEARCH REGISTERED NURSE COORDINATOR
Health Science Centre
Temporary, Full-Time (until July 31, 2022 with the possibility of extension)
Hours: 75 bi-weekly (8 hour days)
Salary: NS-31 ($35.71 to $43.85 per hour)
Competition Number: 2021002329
Posted Date: April 2, 2021
Eastern Health is the largest, integrated health authority in Newfoundland and Labrador employing approximately 13,000 dedicated employees and serving a population of more than 300,000 people. The authority offers the full continuum of health and community services including public health, long-term care, community services, hospital care and unique provincial programs and services. At Eastern Health we pride ourselves on providing the highest quality care and service possible to the people in our communities, in our region, and in the province. To do that, we employ qualified, competent and caring individuals who are dedicated to their professions and to our vision of Healthy People, Healthy Communities.
The Research Registered Nurse Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination and administration of clinical trial activities within the Research Program. The successful applicant will supervise and ensure proper implementation of protocol procedures and organize related activities necessary to activate and enroll patients in studies including clinical care of enrolled patients. The coordinator prepares and evaluates budgetary proposals, provides input and feasibility recommendations, and reports on the status of current studies. S/he will also be responsible for the organization, coordination, implementation and maintenance of specific research projects. Other duties may be required as assigned by the Manager.
By applying for this job, you acknowledge an understanding that regular requirements and demands of this job include (but are not limited to):
- Occasionally lifts or moves objects up to 10 lbs (i.e. patient charts, lab supplies, boxes of supplies, paper, and binders).
- Regularly stands when reviewing patients' charts, performing assessment on participants and regularly sits to counsel participants, input data into a computer, develop reports, read, send emails, respond to correspondence and answer, or follow up with participants on the telephone where there is no restriction of movement. Occasionally is required to walk to different areas of the building to assess and counsel participants in studies.
- Occasionally performs some testing on patients and when doing so, often works in awkward or cramped body positions. Regularly uses fine finger movements when working with the computer mouse.
- Visual concentration or alertness is required when working on the computer for extended periods to input data into a database, writing reports, assessing patients' condition and vital signs, to calculate and dispense medication, to give and teach participants how to give injections, take medications, and to read instruments (i.e. glucose meter).
- Auditory concentration is required to listen and provide information in person, on the telephone, and to be able to answer questions.
- Graduation from an approved/recognized post-secondary nursing education program with a Baccalaureate degree in Nursing.
- A current practicing license with the Association of Registered Nurses of Newfoundland and Labrador (ARNNL).
- A minimum of three (3) years' experience within the last five (5) years in clinical trials research is required.
- Successful completion of GCP (Good Clinical Practice) and TCPS 2 (Tri-Council Policy Statement: Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans) certification would be an asset.
- Recent experience in Cardiology and/or Endocrinology would be an asset.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Demonstrated research skills.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven analytical, problem-solving, decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required.
- A satisfactory record of work performance and attendance is required.
If this is an internal posting only, only applicants of the Eastern Health RNUNL Regional Bargaining Unit will be considered. Otherwise, if this is posted internal and external, we will accept all applications, but preference will be given to those qualified candidates who are internal to the Eastern Health RNUNL Regional Bargaining Unit.
Apply online at https://employment.easternhealth.ca
To become a part of our team, please submit your resume/cover letter or application form online, clearly demonstrating how you meet the required qualifications. Include your current mailing address, day-time contact number, e-mail address, competition and employee number if applicable.
Contact Information for Recruitment Related Inquiries:
Telephone: (709) 777-7777 (5-2) or 1-800-563-3693
Email: email@example.com. Applications/resumes are not accepted at this email address.
EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Certificate of Conduct from the RCMP or local Police (Vulnerable Sector Check may be required), educational documents, registration/licensure if applicable and Social Insurance Number.