Reference # JG-14585
High Liner Foods is North America's largest marketer of frozen, value-added seafood products. Founded in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, they are an innovator in the development of delicious, healthy and convenient products for retail, private label and wholesale distribution in North America.
Now, on their behalf, we are currently recruiting for a Business Architect to join their team.
Reporting to the Director, IT Strategy and Architecture, the Business Architect (BA) is a strategic, active thought partner and application visionary who shapes business demand for technology based on a deep understanding of business objectives. The BA collaborates with business partners to create compelling business cases that lead to approved projects. The BA partners with the business community to conduct business process reviews that lead to process and system improvements. The BA acts as a liaison between the business community and the technical community, working with IT project teams and business partners to collect, clarify, and document business requirements (using standard tools and methodologies) from which process improvements, applications and solutions are developed.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work with all levels of the organization to identify, analyze, and develop plans around critical strategic priorities
- Act as a member of the functional business unit and develop partnerships with all stakeholders
- Collaborate with business leaders to identify business capability needs and prioritization
- Work with business leaders to create business cases for presentation to senior management for approval
- Challenge business leaders to identify the problem needing to be solved
- Evaluate and prioritize incoming demand against strategic initiatives and business objectives
- Lead and facilitate requirements gathering sessions in both "one on one" and group settings
- Apply thought leadership to emerging business projects
- Leverage external industry insights to drive innovation
- Review, analyze and evaluate ideas and opportunities to develop new products, technologies and business models
- Participate in the planning of projects to move ideas from business case to production
- Lead and/or facilitate business process mapping sessions
- Identify and recommend areas where processes can be streamlined, improved or eliminated
- Lead and/or facilitate capability mapping sessions in order to identify what capabilities exist at HLF and how they can be better utilized
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field
- 5 - 7 years direct work experience
- CCBA or CBAP certification is an asset
- Experience in finance, treasury and HR functional areas is an asset
- Experience with JDE E1 or another large ERP
- Experience with Trade Management software is an asset
- Experience with a major system implementation (ERP) is an asset
- Demonstrated experience in process analysis, business case development, requirements definition, test specifications
- Experience in data analysis and working with large volumes of data
- Keen ability to create strong partnerships at all levels of the business based on trust, empathy and capability
- Ability to understand business functionality and translate it into process and application requirements
- Ability to create compelling business cases with accurate cost and effort estimations
- Excellent understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to question thought partners across functional areas
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems that may arise in work product
- Ability to partner with software engineers and quality analysts to identify course of resolutions
- Strong understanding of basic system engineering, object-oriented design, information risk and security guidelines and architecture standards
- In depth understanding of various software development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall)
- Understanding of modeling techniques, such as unified modeling language
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking "Apply Now" below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Jamie Grant, Partner, at 1-902-420-1809 or Brooke Ireland, Consultant, at 1-902-421-1214. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Brooke know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.