Our client is seeking an experienced and dedicated Controller for a permanent position in their Halifax Regional Municipality head office. Successful candidates have strong technical accounting skills, superior leadership skills and thrive in a busy and progressive team work environment.
- Monthly and quarterly financial reporting
- Financial statement preparation
- Cash flow reporting
- Variance analysis
- Inventory control
- Financial forecasting and budgeting
- Year-end audit preparation
- Staff supervision (2-3 employees)
- Other accounting, finance and special project responsibilities as required
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation completed or near completion preferred or equivalent post-secondary education in accounting plus relevant experience
- Minimum 3-5+ years' experience at the senior level in accounting and finance
- Strong leadership capabilities and a positive, proactive approach
- Proficiency using an ERP system is an asset while Microsoft Excel proficiency is required
Work With Us
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits package, plus the flexibility to combine in-office and remote working once established.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote position #AS14229-CB.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accountant Staffing is Atlantic Canada's only specialist recruitment firm focusing exclusively on the placement of accounting and finance professionals. Organizations use the services of Accountant Staffing to fill a variety of roles from Junior Accountant to Chief Financial Officer. For more information about Accountant Staffing or to view additional positions, please visit our website at www.accountantstaffing.com.