Medical Laboratory Technologist 2 (LT02)
Competition #: 6-14046 EXT
Salary: $27.80 to $34.73
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: MSP
ZONE: Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY: Chaleur Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Laboratory - Chemistry
CLASSIFICATION: Medical Laboratory Technologist 2 (LT02)
STATUS: Temporary full-time (approximately 12 months)
ANTICIPATED START DATE: May 2021
HOURS OF WORK:
8 and 12-hour shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
This is clinical and technical work, in one or more laboratory disciplines, providing laboratory services for the diagnosis, treatment and therapeutic monitoring of patients.
- Member in good standing of the New Brunswick Society of Medical Laboratory Technologists (NBSMLT);
- Analytical thinking;
- Initiative and sound judgment;
- Knowledge of and respect for laboratory safety principles;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.