Meat Cutter #JoinOurFamily
Sobeys Inc. in Glovertown, NL
156309 Requisition ID: 156309
Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: Retail - Meat
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Country: Canada (CA)
Location: 9222 Gloverton Foodland
Postal Code: A0G 2L0
Our family of 127,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better - great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton's Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting. Overview
Provide customers with friendly and professional service while preparing meat products for customer purchase and meat displays. Actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement. Job Description
- Provide customer service to meet customer needs
- Prepare meat products
- Merchandise meat area if applicable
- Maintain meat department area
- Receive meat orders
- Performs special order meat product requests
- Participate in professional development
- Meet company meat standards and Canadian Food Inspection Agency regulations(CFIA)
- Adhere and implement all applicable company standards
- Perform administrative duties as required
- Provide technical training to new staff and clerks
- Assist Meat Manager/ Clerk Department Second Meat if applicable
- Full knowledge of department operations and skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 12 months of experience
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.