Dexter Construction is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently seeking an Estimator based in our Greenwich, NS location.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare cost estimates for construction projects and report to management
- Reading plans and preparing quantity take-offs
- Reading project specifications, geotechnical reports, and tender packages and incorporating relevant data into cost estimates
- Meet at project sites with potential private clients to determine their needs, assess project scope, prepare sketches and cost estimates, and submit quotations for work.
- Liaise with subcontractors and suppliers to obtain pricing for construction projects
- Communicate and collaborate with departmental leaders to stay abreast of construction needs, budgeting, and evaluation of possible bids
- Work with the project management team to facilitate effective transition of new projects from the estimating phase to project execution as well as assisting the project management team with costing of change orders during construction
- Any other duties as required
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in a Construction Management program or Civil Engineering is preferred
- Experience in estimating municipal and private small to large civil construction and asphalt projects is an asset
- Ability to work as part of an estimating team
- Experience with estimating software is an asset
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to communicate professionally and effectively with clients through email, telephone, and in person meetings
- Strong technical writing and grammatical skills
- Professional attitude, punctual, assertive, and personable
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Ability to operate under tight deadlines and respond in pressure situations with a calm demeanour and high sense of urgency
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attn: Chelsey Haley
Via Email: email@example.com
Please reference "Estimator - Valley" in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume, quoting the position title.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.