Manager, Consumer Insights
Irving Consumer Products in Toronto, ON
MANAGER, CONSUMER INSIGHTS
The Consumer Insights Manager will have the responsibility for leading the the Cavendish Farms division in understanding the category shopper and retailer shopper landscape, with an acute focus on pinpointing the barriers and triggers which drive shopper behaviour online and in store. The manager will develop an insights-first learning agenda, informed by the needs of the sales and marketing stakeholders. The role will be the research and insights resource supporting the sales and category strategy teams. The role will curate and interpret insights to help shape channel strategies, category leadership plans, strategic account plans, and customer engagements. Key capabilities will include business question refinement, custom research management, data and research synthesis, insight generation, insight packaging, and persuasive storytelling skills. A successful manager is highly collaborative, working with key stakeholders across sales, category shopper development, and marketing with a sense of urgency to deliver results on time and on budget.
Insight Generation and Storytelling
- Develop and deliver insights, implications, and opportunities in macro trends, market forces, and the 5Ps through the lens of the shopper, trip types, and channels.
- Guide brand planning and strategic account plans (SAP) through path to loyalty, engagement funnel, and other sources
- Evaluate brand health and brand equity for our customer brands and the competition
- Customize and manage the integrated Path to Loyalty journey maps
- Develop retailer-specific shopper profiles and toolkits
- Present and train on shopper insights, as required
Custom Research and Analysis
- Determine research objectives and identify appropriate research methodologies
- Develop project briefs, execute the RFP process, select and negotiate supplier contracts
- Execute field work oversight and project management - on time and on budget
Knowledge Management and Capability Building
- Partner with the VP CSD and CSD Directors to blueprint business questions by country to inform category and shopper orchestration insights which influence desired behaviour.
- Manage knowledge inventory and align gap identification with stakeholders
- Present research investment opportunities
- Actively manage data and research asset management library
- Pilot and promote new shopper insights capabilities
- University Degree in Marketing, Economics, Psychology, or Sociology required. Relevant Masters or MBA preferred
- 5 years of relevant experience in Consumer-Packaged Goods in Category Management (Manufacturer or Retailer)
- At least 2 years research/insights experience
- Shopper Marketing, Category Leadership, or Sales experience preferred
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online by May 7, 2021.
We appreciate your interest in our company! The initial review of applications will begin on the deadline date for applying. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information on our products and services, click here.
Irving Tissue, a division of Irving Consumer Products Ltd., is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.