Accounts Payable Clerk
Lindsay Construction is a company of engineers, contractors, and managers, active in civil, industrial, and building construction throughout the Atlantic Provinces. We have been in business since 1959 and have earned a reputation for performance and quality work.
Headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Lindsay Construction is ISO registered and has been named one of Canada's Best Managed Companies! For more information, please visit our website at: www.lindsayconstruction.ca.
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for assisting to ensure smooth and efficient operations of the Finance and Management Information Service areas of Lindsay Construction. The Accounts Payable Clerk will work cohesively with the Finance team and will be responsible for accounts payables and other accounting duties as delegated by the Corporate Controller.
Accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Enter supplier and subcontractor accounts payable invoices into the system and file unpaid and paid invoices
- Answer accounts payable phone calls and faxes and reconcile supplier/subcontractor statements
- Prepare journal entries
- Prepare the daily deposit for banking purposes
- Prepare monthly entry for credit card payment
- Assist with preparation for audits
- Assist with filling the role of receptionist as needed
- Ability to keep current on software changes
- Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, suppliers, sub trades, and members of the business community
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills with the ability to formulate possible results based on different scenarios
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, decision making, and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to reprioritize tasks according to timelines
- Exceptional teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Post-secondary education in Accounting or related discipline is preferred
- Experience in all aspects of accounting is preferred
- Experience using Jonas Accounting Software is preferred
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please forward your resume, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference "Accounts Payable Clerk NS210415CB" in the subject line of your email.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.