Bilingual Executive Assistant
We are seeking a Bilingual Executive Assistant to join our team. You'll join our Enterprise Support Services (ESS) team and you will provide comprehensive, quality administrative and support services for all of our EY member firms. Our ESS professionals span a wide range of vital roles, from administrative support to facilities management, creative design, tax return processing, file management and emergency preparedness.
Your key responsibilities
The Bilingual Executive Assistant provides full administrative support to a management team of client serving executives. This individual has the ability to demonstrate a standard of excellence, enjoys challenges, and is results-driven. The incumbent must also be highly motivated and demonstrate the ability to use his/her own initiative and manage time effectively.
- Document Preparation & Management: Formats and edits letters, memos, reports and presentations from draft stage to client-ready work. Uses independent judgment to compose general, non-technical business documents. Is privy to, and must protect, confidential materials. Follows an organized filing/document management process for electronic and paper documents.
- Financial Management Support: Has in-depth knowledge of, and performs tasks supporting the client engagement management process including, understanding of independence regulations, using appropriate tools to open client and engagement codes and ensures compliance of time and expense tracking/reporting.
- Billings: Assists partners and their engagement team with client billings by liaising with the financial management group to process Work in Process (WIP) system reports, tracking expenses, drafting and finalizing invoices, time transfers and relieving WIP
- Time and Calendar Management: Establishes a systematic method for self and others to track time commitments and the completion of tasks based on clients' preferences. Independently manages multiple calendars by scheduling appointments, anticipating needs, changes and rearranging meetings as appropriate.
- Meeting Coordination: Coordinates and makes arrangements for on-site and off-site meetings and events including logistics (e.g., communication, location, meals, equipment, materials, RSVPs, and travel.).
- Travel Planning: Coordinates cost-effective and sometimes complex domestic and international travel arrangements and itineraries for individuals and groups.
- Client Relationship Management: Regularly meets with client serving executives to obtain a strong understanding of their needs. Develops and maintains relationships with internal and external clients to understand the business and client needs.
- Other duties as required
- Managing external events calendar
- Participating in coordination of internal/external events
- Managing the sponsorship and donation requests
- Updating various databases
- Other duties as required
Skills and attributes for success
- Proven ability to differentiate when to take action independently or to partner as a team
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple and/or unexpected deadlines in a demanding environment
- Demonstrates sound judgment regarding confidential and sensitive matters
To qualify for the role you must have
- Minimum 3 years related experience in an administrative role/environment preferred
- Post-secondary education (preferred)
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, with an aptitude to learn standard firm software and other relevant applicants and technical/office equipment at an intermediate level
- General understanding of financial principles as it relates to the billing of chargeable time
Ideally, you'll also have
- The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.