Sobeys Inc. in Springdale, NL
156167 Requisition ID: 156167
Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: Retail - Front End
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Country: Canada (CA)
Location: 9236 Springdale Foodland
Postal Code: A0J 1T0
Our family of 127,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better - great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton's Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting. Overview
The Cashier is responsible for carrying out the full range of duties of the position in a professional, responsible, accurate and timely fashion. The Cashier will provide customers with friendly and professional service; and will process customer orders in an efficient manner. The Cashier will ensure accurate cash-handling procedures at all times through company practices, and actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement. Job Description
- Provide customer service to meet customer needs
- Process customer transactions
- Maintain an accurate cash drawer while following company policies and procedures
- Operates Customer Service Desk following all procedures for lottery sales, refunds, bottle returns and inquiries as required
- Participates in the training of junior staff
- Maintain Front End Department Merchandise the Front End Department
- Assist other departments and functions as required
- Adhere to, and implement all applicable company standards
- Other duties as required
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.