Job Title: Electrician
Reports To: Production Supervisor
Location: Aerostructures -Amherst, NS
Position Type: Full Time Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Responsible for installing, repairing, inspecting and/or maintaining all electrical and/or electronic equipment within the facility, while following the Canadian Electrical Code, local building codes and regulations and/or established processes and procedures.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics, and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment and/or installations.
- Communicate with, and receive instruction, from a Supervisor and/or Chargehand in the transition of the workflow and production work scheduling.
- Work from elevated heights/positions with the aid of aerial man lifts, scaffolding and/or ladders while utilizing fall protection training and equipment.
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations and the use of safety equipment will be the highest priority for you and your co-workers.
- Perform 'general' maintenance tasks including basic mechanical work as required and assisting with emergency maintenance situations.
- Follow the Canadian Electrical Code, local building codes/regulations and Company policy or procedures and interpret electrical code specifications.
- Read, review, amend and/or develop technical wiring diagrams, schematics, blueprints and instructions to cover the scheduled and emergency repairs.
- Conduct a detailed risk assessment of the work sequence to identify the materials and quantities needed for new and/or repair electrical/electronic projects.
- Perform general electrical maintenance (i.e. install, maintain and repair electrical controls, panel boxes, wiring and lighting systems) and programming of equipment (i.e. heating system, ID machines and/or other equipment as required) while operating with safety as a primary concern for self and customer.
- Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, generator, alternators, industrial storage batteries and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems.
- Relocate or Install surface mount and/or overhead cables.
- Troubleshoot electrical equipment issues using the appropriate testing devices to determine the condition of electrical equipment such as test and measure voltage, loads, ground faults integrity of circuits.
- Troubleshoot malfunctions and repair or replace equipment, electrical wiring or fixtures.
- Inspect transformers, circuit breakers and other electrical components for corrective maintenance.
- Strive to minimize downtime while safely working on "hot panels."
- Conduct preventative maintenance programs and keep maintenance records.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean and 8S activities in your area.
- Keep tools, equipment and immediate staging work area(s) in a clean and orderly condition.
- Observe all applicable safety and hygiene regulations.
- Completion of High School (Grade 12) or equivalent experience and/or training;
- The candidate will have a red seal industrial electrician certification and minimum of 5 years industry experience with equipment controls
- Provincial Electrical Trade Certification required;
- Must be able to work at heights and in confined spaces;
- Knowledgeable of mathematics and demonstrated mechanical ability
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies. Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 8S activities in your area.
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian Government Security Clearances.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply on-line at www.impgroup.com.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are underrepresented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume.