Cashier - Full Time
Kent Building Supplies in Charlottetown, PE
Cashier - Full Time
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values. Kent is locally owned and operated, and we continue to grow in your community.
We are currently looking for a Cashier to work in a fast-paced retail environment. This position requires interacting with customers and managing all transactions efficiently and accurately while working with our computerized system. To be a great cashier at Kent you need to love dealing with people. Your daily customer interfaces will lead to an overall customer satisfaction and will impact if the customers will choose to shop at Kent.
We are looking for candidates who are available to work flexible shifts: workdays, evenings, and weekends.
- Process customer transactions through cash registers
- Operate scanners and credit card/debit card terminals
- Provide excellent customer service
- Collect payments and bag purchases for customers
- Keep the checkout area clean and orderly
- Maintain Front End Department Merchandise
- Assist other departments and functions as required
- Adhere to, and implement all applicable company standards
- Strong mathematical skills and basic computer system knowledge
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Customer satisfaction-oriented
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Problem solving and decision making
- Experience as a Retail Cashier is an asset
- Ability to handle moderate physical demands: standing for 8 hours, lift a medium size merchandise if required
- A safe work environment
- Incentive programs
- Employee discount
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Opportunities for growth and career advancement
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
We appreciate your interest in our company!?Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Kent Building Supplies is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.