Senior Network Analyst
J.D. Irving, Limited - IT Division in Saint John, NB
Senior Network Analyst
Location: Saint John, Moncton or Fredericton The Opportunity:
The Senior Network Analyst will have primary responsibility for the analyzing, design, plan, and implementation of various network systems including: routers, switches, firewalls, Wan Accelerators, VPN, IPS, load balancing, and logging/monitoring applications. The individual must have extensive and in-depth experience in capacity planning, the creation and maintenance of disaster recovery plans, and network performance monitoring network performance monitoring. The Senior Network Analyst is engaged in both the design and implementation of new network solutions projects.
JDI IT?: Who we are and what we offer
At JDI IT,?the belief that what people experience matters more than technology?is part of our foundational core.
With over 300 employees, we offer?the opportunity to create real value by helping people and businesses work smarter. JDI IT supports?the entire J.D. Irving Limited group of companies which means we offer opportunities and experiences across a wide breadth of IT areas, businesses and industries. From forestry, to transportation, to shipbuilding, we are working directly with our business counterparts to align their strategies to continued advancements in IT. As a member of the JDI IT team, you will be a key player in enabling the business to win by overcoming obstacles and "getting it done"!
We believe in the power of diverse teams and invest in continuous professional growth. We are seeking naturally curious change makers looking to join a collaborative and motivated team. Come help JDI IT Raise the Bar!
- Education Required: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Years of Experience Required: 5-8 years of network administration and operations related experience in a large distributed environment
- Strong technical, problem determination and resolution skills
- Ability to describe, create and manage system documentation, script development, testing and implementation
- Must be able to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Process driven thinking as an active participant in organizational processes including but not limited to: change management, vendor management, escalation procedures, and project management
- Ability to secure controlled goods security clearance
- CCNA, CCNP certifications
- Juniper, Nortel and Avaya certifications
- ITIL Foundations certified
- Leading Change experience
- Lean yellow/green belt certifications (or other process improvement experience)
- Coordinate, analyze, test, and implement changes of a broad scope and high complexity
- Investigate and resolve complex technical issue related to the networking component of the J.D. Irving Limited infrastructure
- Provide communication, work direction, technical support, education, and training for high complexity activities and tasks
- Configure, manage, maintain, and continuously improve server and application monitoring
- Act as an escalation point to manage all required vendor and external technical resources to effectively troubleshoot issues
- Provide subject matter expertise as the networking resource on a wide variety of internal and customer facing technology projects, supporting organizational standards
- Optimize existing systems related to performance and capacity and identify opportunities for improvement
- Research, understand and implement security protocols
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedure documentation for all networking solutions
- Lead and oversee day-to-day networking activities and contribute to long term operational planning and activities
- Participate in the on-call rotation for production support
- Responsibilities will include activities related to the following networking tools and technologies; Cisco Prime, Cisco Identity Services Engine, Junos Space, SolarWinds Orion, A10 and Netscaller load balancing technologies
We appreciate your interest! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.