Bilingual Executive Director
Priority is proud to partner with our client, the New Brunswick Military Family Resource Centre, to recruit a new Bilingual Executive Director to lead their organization, based in Oromocto, New Brunswick.
The New Brunswick Military Family Resource Centre (NBMFRC) is a registered charity which supports the needs of military families living in New Brunswick. The NBMFRC provides a wide range of mandated and local programs as well as services to military families who transition in and out of New Brunswick such as welcome, information, referrals, counselling, employment services, early learning and childcare, family transition support, second language training, Veteran family support, as well as child and youth programs. The NBMFRC staff team consists of 65 employees working in different professions such as Early Childhood Educators, Coordinators, and Social Workers. The NBMFRC is an equal opportunity employer.
We are looking for a dynamic, compassionate, experienced professional to take on the challenging role of Executive Director. The successful candidate will provide visionary leadership and actively promote the NBMFRC's vision and mission. Reporting to the volunteer Board of Directors, the Executive Director holds the key leadership position and is responsible for all aspects of the daily operations of the NBMFRC. The Executive Director provides sound administrative, human resource, and financial oversight; consistent with policies established by the Board of Directors. The Executive Director and the Board of Directors are a team who work together to ensure a strong and successful organization.
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of managerial experience and be well-versed in all matters related to social research, program and community development in the not-for-profit and volunteer sector. In addition, the ideal candidate will be a competent leader who is able to provide guidance that enhances the performance of the organization.
- Implement all policies, supervise programs and day-to-day operations
- Strive to achieve the mission and vision of the organization in collaboration with various partners
- Act as the key liaison between 5th Canadian Division Support Group Base Gagetown, Military Family Services and the NBMFRC
- Supervise and manage all employees
- Oversee all media relations and act as the official spokesperson on operational matters
- Responsible for infrastructure and equipment for buildings located at A45 St. Lawrence Avenue, 135-139 St. Lawrence Avenue, as well as the satellite office located on Onondaga Street in Oromocto
- Manage an annual operating budget of $3 million per year
- Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration, Human Resource Management, or other related field; or a combination of experience and training in leadership, organizational management, and personnel development
- Minimum of 5 years of senior management and leadership experience
- Superior knowledge and experience working with volunteers and managing staff
- Superior knowledge of Board Governance and experience working with a volunteer Board of Directors
- Exemplary skills in leadership and team development
- Experience in capacity building (i.e., partnerships, fund development, community development, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, organizational, problem solving and judgment skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
Work With Us
This is a permanent full-time position with regular working hours of 37.5 hours per week (flexible to accommodate workload). Preference will be given to candidates with bilingualism in both official languages. This position will require an Enhanced Reliability Clearance as well as a clean Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sectors Check. The salary range for the position is $74,500 to $90,000 annually.
To express your interest in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter, describing how your experience meets the requirements of this key leadership position, as soon as possible to Priority.
We thank you for your interest in this position however, only those selected for screening will be contacted.