Team Leader, Operations - Relief
Lake Utopia Paper in Lake Utopia, NB
TEAM LEADER, OPERATIONS - RELIEF
We are looking for a Team Leader, Operations - Relief to join our Operations team at Lake Utopia Paper based in St. George, New Brunswick.
As a Team Leader, Operations - Relief, you will be responsible for providing leadership and supervision to a skilled unionized operations team in a safe and effective manner. This includes working with various departments throughout the mill to ensure production and quality targets are met, facilitating problem solving and troubleshooting activities with the operating crews all while adhering to and promoting safe work practices.
In addition to this, you will administer the collective agreement, input and approve daily time entries, and identify areas for improvement within your areas of responsibility. You must be willing to support the development of an engaged workforce with a focus on continuous improvement.
Who We Are:
Our team operates within highly technical, fast paced, competitive businesses and is part of an integrated forest products value chain under J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI). Our goal is to play an integrated role in sustainably transforming our renewable forest resources into value-added products for today's consumer markets.
We are not just invested in forest products, we are invested in people. We know that our overall success is a combined effort, and we therefore strive to provide opportunities for our employees to learn, grow, and thrive. Being curious and focused on innovation is key to leading a successful team. True leaders never stop learning and are never satisfied with the status quo.
We operate four Pulp and Paper Mills out of Saint John and St. George, New Brunswick that produce a combined 1 Million Tonnes of Product and employ over 1000 employees.
- Bachelor's Degree or 2 year completed diploma in a related field.
- Industry related experience is an asset.
- Willingness to work rotating, 12-hour shifts in a 24/7 operation.
- Able to excel in a team environment and participate in cross functional teams.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Able to display evidence of leadership skills from previous work experience.
- Familiar with computerized operations and administrative systems.
- More than $400 million recently invested into improving and growing the Pulp & Paper Division, with significant future capital investment planned at all four of our Pulp and Paper Mills.
- Career growth opportunities in Operations, Maintenance, Engineering, Leadership, and many other disciplines.
- Significant investment in training including partnerships with some of the best Educational Institutions in the country.
Founded in 1882, J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI) has operations in Eastern Canada (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador), and the United States. We are a team of 18,000 dedicated employees.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company however only Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Lake Utopia Paper is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.