IT Process Control Engineer
J.D. Irving, Limited - IT Division in Saint John, NB
IT Process Control Engineer, IT Facilities Management
Location: Saint John, Moncton or Fredericton
JDI IT is seeking an IT Process Control Engineer who is a collaborative technology leader with a primary focus on Manufacturing Plant Floor Technology. In this new position you will work collaboratively with both IT and Plant Engineering teams to ensure that all Operational Technology is engineered, deployed and maintained in a standard and secure fashion utilizing leading best practices. As the owner of operational technology, you will work across divisions to implement security controls for process control networks and be a key connector for driving continuous improvement.
JDI IT: Who we are and what we offer:
At JDI IT,?the belief that what people experience matters more than technology?is part of our foundational core.
Over 300 employees - Our group works to create real value by helping people and businesses work smarter. We are working directly with our business counterparts to align their strategies to continued advancements in IT. As a member of the JDI IT team, you will be a key player in enabling the business to win by overcoming obstacles and "getting it done"!
We believe in the power of diverse teams and invest in continuous professional growth. We are seeking naturally curious change makers looking to join a collaborative and motivated team. Come help JDI IT Raise the Bar!
- Lead the development and implementation of operational technology policies supporting the operations
- Lead the development and implementation of operational technology security and technology standards
- Lead the creation and implementation of plans for maintenance and upgrades of process control systems
- Proactively identifying, and resolving issues to support and improve efficiency of the manufacturing process networks
- Work with plant operational teams to drive continuous improvement efforts related to process control systems
- Support for new product and technology introductions to the plant.
- Lead the design and development of operations protocols, processing equipment installations and plant upgrades related to process control systems
- Conduct assessments and audits on process networks
- Comply with plant safety rules and actively work to improve safety through coaching or engineered improvements
- Engineering Degree or equivalent diploma in Electronic Engineering
- Strong knowledge of Information Technology standards and technology
- A minimum of 10 years experience working on Distributed Control Systems (DCS) or Process Control systems
- A minimum of 5 years in a manufacturing environment
- The candidate must be a critical, creative thinker.
- Strong knowledge of Cyber security issues and best practices as they apply to process control systems
- A collaborator that has worked in a distributed team setting while providing leadership guidance as an individual contributor
- Knowledgeable and skilled with Distributed Control Systems (DCS) and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Possess and utilize a working knowledge of engineering tools and software and ability to read and understand process flow diagrams, line drawings P&ID and schematics
- Knowledgeable and skilled in the engineering and implementing server and network technology
- Knowledge of OT and IT Security best practices
- Highly organized with expert attention to detail, results driven, flexible and above all else a problem solver
- Collaborator, Leader, Leading change manager
We appreciate your interest! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.