Plumber / Medical Gas Technician (2080)
Competition #: 1-11834 EXT
Salary: $24.1383 to $25.9825
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT: Facilities Management
CLASSIFICATION: Plumber / Medical Gas Technician (2080)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICPATED START DATE: October 2021
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour day shifts
Possibility of standby and call-back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The incumbent will install, inspect, maintain and repair all plumbing facilities and equipment. He/she will also check and repair backflow devices in our establishments and ensure the proper functioning of Medical Gases. Perform any other related tasks according to the needs of the department.
- High school graduation or successful completion of GED;
- Provincial Certificate of Qualification issued under the Apprenticeship and Occupational Certification Act as a plumber;
- Medical Gas Piping Installer Certification or obtain the certificationwithintwo (2)years from thedate of acquiringthe position;
- Backflow Preventer Assembly Tester Certification or obtain the certification within one (1) year from the date of acquiring the position;
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience directly associated with plumbing functions;
- Practical computer knowledge;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherance to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in one of the two official languages, either French or English, and spoken competence in the other official language are required.
1. Maybe asked to work occasionally evenings and/or weekends, nights also on Satellite Sites.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.