Quality Assurance Technician
Measurand Instruments Inc. is seeking to hire a Quality Assurance Technician. Reporting directly to the Senior Quality Assurance Manager, this position is responsible for performing product inspections throughout different stages in the product development cycle. This role requires the physical inspection of materials and products and a strict adherence to company quality assurance/control procedures. The quality assurance department works closely with the manufacturing and engineering teams to ensure all materials and products meet company standards within the timelines needed to ship products. The quality assurance department interacts regularly with all departments to ensure continual compliance with all requirements.
- Perform incoming inspections of vendor materials to ensure quality standards and contractual obligations are met
- Perform first article inspections for all new out-sourced products and materials
- Care and Control for Customer (or External Providers) Property
- Complete in-process inspections by confirming specifications, conducting visual inspections, electrical and/or mechanical tests and communicating results as applies
- Perform product environment simulation as part of final inspection process
- Communicate across company departments specifically working with production and shipping to ensure product quality standards are satisfied and sales timelines are met
- Receive, inspect and oversee any returned company product and record product issues
- Write Receiving, In Process and FQA (Final Quality Assurance) procedures and edit existing procedures when needed
- Assist as needed with internal audit for ISO 9001-2015
- Undertake activities (meeting with staff, generating reports) for external compliance audit as needed
- Adhere to all quality, safety, regulatory and statutory standards of the company
- Perform additional duties as required
Qualifications & Skills Required
- Post-secondary education in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Associate degree would be preferred
- Minimum 3 years' experience working in quality assurance with specific focus on hardware and software
- Working knowledge of Inspection and Measuring equipment (calipers, micrometers, multimeters)
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma an asset
- Proven experience working collaboratively as a member of a multi-discipline team
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task in order to meet changing demands
- Highly organized and able to follow detailed procedures
- Keen eye for detail and patience to perform repetitive tasks
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 would be considered an asset
- Experience operating a hoist crane is an asset
- Physical requirements include: standing, bending, kneeling, and lifting up to 25 lbs
Measurand Instruments Inc. is committed to providing a safe and inclusive workplace where employees are empowered to design, manufacture, and deliver the highest quality shape monitoring products.
This position is required to be on-site in our Fredericton Measurand location.
Measurand offers an environment to people who are confident, adaptable, and focused on building lasting relationships. We offer a very competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to Marcia Everett, Human Resource Manager by email to email@example.com with "Quality Assurance Technician" in the subject line.
Thank you for your interest. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for a screening interview will be contacted.