Registered Nurse - Vaccine Program #covidsafe
Sobeys Inc. in Saint John, NB
Requisition ID: 153243
Career Group: Pharmacy Careers
Job Category: National Pharmacy (50025433)
Part Time or Full Time: Part Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: New Brunswick (CA-NB)
City: St. Johns
Our family of 127,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better - great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton's Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting. Overview
We are seeking Registered Nurses to partner with us to support the covid vaccination programs. Whether you are considering full or part time opportunities, reach out today and let's discuss how we can partner to help make our Canadian communities safe.
This specific assigment will be administering covid-19 vaccinations to our customers via our location pharmacies. The Registered Nurse monitors and delivers nursing care to clients as directed by the nursing care plan and in accordance with all required internal and external professional practice standards. Responsible to work within assigned territory achieving excellence in the areas of patient focused care, customer service, workflow efficiencies, and professional clinical services. Actively contribute to a positive and productive work environment. Job Description
- Arrange and/or provide client care by utilizing the skills of observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis and health and wellness counselling related to the covid vaccination program
- Develop and review nursing care plans that are individualized to each client attending the pharmacy to obtain a covid-19 vaccination
- Provide care while ensuring that the emotional, spiritual, physical comfort and safety of clients are met to the greatest possible extent; care must be within the scope of practice of a Registered Nurse
- Perform routine nursing duties in accordance with company policies and procedures and Standards of Nursing Practice as defined by the provincial regulating body
- Perform specialized nursing procedures for which recognized training and current competency can be demonstrated as needed
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing and current registration with the provincial licensing body
- The position also requires a solid knowledge of the principles, practices and methods of community nursing
- New grads are welcome to apply and will be considered for hire on an individual basis providing they meet all other hiring criteria and that a mentorship program is implemented and that the new grad is closely supervised.
Other Skills And Abilities
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of clinical and non-clinical employees and interpret company policies
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to handle difficult situations in an objective consistent format
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform and prioritize multiple functions and tasks
- Able to travel locally between pharmacies in close proximity
- Evidence of current CPR certification.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.