Safety Systems Engineer Senior
The successful applicant will be required to perform tasks related to system safety engineering as it applies to the integration of large naval subsystems.
The candidate will be part of the safety team whose objectives are as follows:
- Define and execute the safety program
- Identify, track and resolve potential safety hazards inherent to the project such that the residual safety risk associated with the hazards is eliminated or controlled to an acceptable level
- Work with all disciplines to ensure safety plan success
- Ensure that safety-related design requirements are defined and tested to the appropriate level
- Identification of Safety Critical Software Functionality and quantification of expected Level of Rigor expected for design, code and test activities
- Participate in the Software Design activities for safety critical functions and/or software designed to satisfy safety critical requirements
- Participate in the review of Engineering Changes and System Problem Reports to maintain knowledge of changes to safety critical design functions/requirements and new potential hazard discovered during development/test stages.
- Evaluate large complex systems for safety.
Lockheed Martin Canada is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities, and we encourage feedback on the provision of these services.Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with minimum 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Master's degree
- System Safety experience is required
- Environmental and Material knowledge desirable
- Strong Software skills is desirable
- Knowledge of Safety standards is required (i.e. MIL-STD-882)
- Knowledge of DOORS or Cameo is desirable
- Knowledge of Naval subsystems desirable
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a diverse environment.
Lockheed Martin Canada is the Canadian-based arm of Lockheed Martin Corporation, a global security and aerospace company employing 98,000 people worldwide, including nearly 1,000 Canadians. By applying innovative approaches of our highly skilled and experienced Canadian workforce, we have been Canada's trusted defence and aerospace partner for over 75 years. We operate major facilities in Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, Calgary and Victoria and work on a wide range of major programs from advanced naval technology products and unmanned systems software to providing delivery and in-service support of the latest military aircraft to commercial engine repair and overhaul capabilities.