Fleetway Inc. in Multiple Locations
Dartmouth, NS | Halifax, NS
CONTRACTS SPECIALST - DARTMOUTH, NS
Chart Your Course With Fleetway Inc...
With a strong foundation established over 30 years, Fleetway offers a comprehensive capability of engineering, technical, logistics, and management services. We have built an outstanding team of people and partners, invested in the tools, and earned an exemplary track record servicing our customers.
Fleetway's experience includes project design and development, project implementation, in-service support, and disposal services. Serving commercial and government clients in the marine, naval, oil & gas, and other industrial sectors, we have the people, the credentials, the infrastructure, and the proven track record to provide our customers with the service excellence and value that they are looking for.
We uphold the highest standards of quality, safety and security, and are registered to the ISO 9001:2015 designation.
We are looking for a qualified Contracts Specialist for our Dartmouth, NS office.
As the Contracts Specialist you will be responsible for buying, expediting, and coordinating logistics for contracts and tasks assigned to your responsibility. You will coordinate and manage the contractual side of our repair and overhaul contracts. You will source suppliers to repair equipment, work with our client to gather information and paperwork, prepare the costing and budgeting associated with the repair/overhaul, creating supplier RFP's and setting up work statements for RFP's. Additionally, you will work with our clients Quality Assurance to ensure all Quality Control mechanisms are completed.
Your ability to take initiative will serve you well in this role! You are efficient, prompt and accurate while adding even more positive energy to an upbeat team of professionals!
Qualifications & Skills:
- College Diploma (Business or Engineering preferred)
- 2-5 years of experience in contracts and project reporting, government experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal, organization and negotiation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite with strong attention to detail
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian government security clearances
Key Responsibilities & Outcomes:
- You will source suppliers, develop requests for proposals and statements of work, work with shipper/receiver and the customer, create sales orders and purchase orders, logistics, customs, etc.
- Liaise with supplier on reporting, sales orders and purchase orders, and working with them to complete tasks as needed.
- You will support Fleetway general supply chain functions including buying, expediting, logistics coordination, customs and export.
- You are a whiz at JD Edwards E1 and can use this software to generate sales orders and purchase orders.
What We Offer:
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary commensurate with skill, ability and experience, along with a comprehensive package including:
- Health and wellness benefits (including Fitness Reimbursement)
- Flexible work hours with core office hours
- Enrollment in company RRSP matching program
- Company jacket, casual Friday's
- Access to on-site state of the art gym
- Work in a new, purpose-built shipbuilding facility
Additionally, in your covering letter, we ask if you could identify how your work background and experience aligns with the job profile and requirements.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
NOTE: The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing eligible applicants for this position as they are received. If you are interested in this posting, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Fleetway Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees. Fleetway Inc. is committed to providing an accessible organization by removing barriers for people with disabilities.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.